• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Having problems with your XP belts?

R
Nov 27, 2007
New England
XP Belt trouble? I got the fix!

QRS SHIM KIT

In testing, this kit has shown to reduce belt temps up to 70*f, increase belt life and provide more consistent RPM's. Between my personal sled and the 3 different test sleds have shown zero belt wear with a total test mileage of 3450. Test sleds where a 08 TNT, 08 MXZ-X800R, 08 Summit 800R run @ 1000 – 10000 ft elevations, aggressive trail riding as well as mile after mile of WFO powder riding.

The QRS shim package consists of 5 bearing shims and 3 spacers to support the inner race of the upper chain case bearing. With this package you will be able to shim the secondary 2-5mm and have the proper spacers to support the upper chain case bearing and prevent any oil loss through the upper seal as well as bearing failure due to unnecessary side load.
Simple 20 minute install.

$45.00 shipped in the lower 48
$52.00 to Canada and AK

Instructions.jpg

Last edited:
L

Linc

Nov 17, 2002
Pemberton
www.visionms.ca
When I was looking a how to fix this ,i came up with two ways,one- move the motor ,,,2-move the secondary,,,I think moving the secondary might be easier after seeing how that stupid motor mount is in there.

QRS SHIM KIT

In testing, this kit has shown to reduce belt temps up to 70*f, increase belt life and provide more consistent RPM's. Between my personal sled and the 3 different test sleds have shown zero belt wear with a total test mileage of 3450. Test sleds where a 08 TNT, 08 MXZ-X800R, 08 Summit 800R run @ 1000 – 10000 ft elevations, aggressive trail riding as well as mile after mile of WFO powder riding.

The QRS shim package consists of 5 bearing shims and 3 spacers to support the inner race of the upper chain case bearing. With this package you will be able to shim the secondary 2-5mm and have the proper spacers to support the upper chain case bearing and prevent any oil loss through the upper seal as well as bearing failure due to unnecessary side load.
Simple 20 minute install.

$45.00 shipped in the lower 48
$52.00 to Canada and AK

Instructions.jpg

Nov 26, 2007
Send me your number also please. I am interested. If my alignment is way off can it be corrected through the secondary with your kit. I dont want to have to mess with the motor mounts. Thanks.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Easy..smart fix for clutch off set... (majority of belt issues)....I am adding this kit to my brace kit as a "combo"...nice job Mike-BJ

Premium Features