• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1075cc BB for Ski-doo twins...

M
Nov 27, 2007
I guess our old thread is lost in the depths of the "old thread" section, so I decided to start a thread here to give some updates. We are about to start putting it together. More Pics to come...

L

LRD

Mar 27, 2002
In the words of Al Bundy those are "Some Bigguns"!!!!!
Nice work!!!

Good Luck

A
Nov 30, 2007
Kelliher,Sask
So by lookin at this picture and seeing that it is a mono block, does this meen that this is for the 800R motor??? Cause the 800HO are seperate jugs are they not. And once you get that thing going, talk about power by the size of those pistons.

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
It's about time that someone makes a biggin' for us Doo boys. I'm tired of hearing about CPC1150 and big PSI RMK's. Keep us posted!

M
Nov 27, 2007
We finished the machine work to mocked it up today. :) The long block is only 50lbs...lol We ported the cases. And we were then able to finish the port work on the cylinder too, so cylinder will be Nikosiled next week.
We are going to modify the casting so the case work is reduced. And it will work on both the 600HO, or the 800HO (type 793) This particular setup is not for the R.
I didn't have a camera here today or I'd have posted the pics of the finished case work. Maybe monday before I send the cylinder out.

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah it would be cool for people with doos to be able to jump past the 860ish mark seems like crank would be the biggest thing to worry about, keep us updated.

H
Nov 26, 2007
windom, mn
I don't think the crank will give any trouble. weld it when you have it a part. I ran a turbo for 2500 miles and the crank had 6500 total miles on it before bearings failed. I now have 1800 miles on a 950 with 18 to 1 domes with nos with no trouble.

M
Nov 27, 2007
The crank is substantailly stronger than stock. The rods have been replaced by much bigger ones. :p LOL I know I am new to this sight, and have been out of the sled/snow loop for the last few years. But we have been building two-strokes race motors all along. We have built many rotax twins and triples over the past 10 years, but have been mostly focused on ATV drag applications/engines. This cylinder even originated as a drag ATV twin, it had a tranny! LOL
Anyway, we have chosen to forcus some more of our R&D $$ back into the sled industry. This is one of our current projects.
It will have a current version of Jaws pipes to start with, and we may be testing with JAWS on a new pipe for BIG (550cc+) cylinders soon.

440rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
looks very nice, ball park price? are you gonna make a cylinder that will bolt onto the tnt500ss motor 800cc?

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Nice casting on the cylinders. Have you done any calculations on mean piston speed and rod angle? I'm curious. If the numbers work out on paper hopefully they will reflect real world results and that thing should make some massive torque. I would like to see max RPM @ 8200.

Premium Features