• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1075cc BB for Ski-doo twins...

M
Nov 27, 2007
This cylinder was originally designed for a motor with a transmission. That motor has peak power at 8900rpm, and overrevs to 9500rpm...lol We won't ask it to do this on this application. And the pipes we are considering first will peak about 8600rpm. We DO want to test it. :)

And we don't think we'll need exhaust valves on this " LIL' " 1100cc setup. :)

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
wow...hope it works and the bottom end holds together.

Nice to see some 'drop in' big bore options starting to show up for the Rev.

M
Nov 27, 2007
It runs!...lol Maybe it doesn't run, it might be better described as a "roar" or a growl...lol It has a different sound for sure...more info to come. :)

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
even though i cant afford it, i want to see. this is what ski-doo guys need, not many bigbore or turbo options, this will turn the tables a bit. revs in the 200 HP club would be nuts.

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Wow!!!

If ya need a tester sled (REV) to put it in I had just pulled my motor on it last week, Now I realy feel everything happens for a reason. Maybe we can feature this thing on the big screen.:face-icon-small-win PM me we can make this happen:D

C
Nov 29, 2007
Spokane
So how goes the battle? Does it run on the hill? What are the ports on the top of the heads for? (coolant?) I don't have a sled right now but if this thing works my next one will be a skidoo again!

CB

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
8600rpm on a 1100 twin? :eek: Keep in mind the sledders will be running peak RPM ALOT more than anything in the quad world, no up and down in RPM like when going through the gears on a quad. Sleds will pin the throttle and at times see peak RPM for upwards of a minute....unless it is a strictly drag application. Looks nice, keep us posted! :beer;

S

shmuckaluck

Aug 20, 2001
Federal Way, Washington
Lol

Hey guys,
That looks bad ***, I could use that in my zx. I am just wondering why you're laughing so much (lol) wile you are explaning this engine to us. Are you just gidy with excitement.

Premium Features