• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 mountain cat trouble, in need of the great minds!

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
it runs fine till it warms up, and when it does it almost feels like a rev limiter is on a 2 stroke? figure that one out it revs and then drops a couple RPM then revs up and then drops again and this happens several times a second... i do not know what could do this.

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
I saw something similar on Polaris that was over reving. It would go past the power peak then fall off as the clutches caught up then rev again as it backshifted. Sounded really strange but a couple grams heavier weight fixed it. I have not had a Cat act this way though, but it might be something to check.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Thanks for the input, i don't think its a clutch problem because it just started doing it at the end of the year last year, the over heat sensor could be F*ck^d,... i dunno about the RPM because the RPM gauge isn't working ( its my 17 year old little brothers sled)
thank you very much for all your input! keep em coming if theirs more thanks!

M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
Snopro,

You have a couple of questions that you should investigate.

900 catman asked you if the temp light flickers. I believe it is the temp light that flashes you codes. if it flashes a certain # of times, then you need to count them. if it continuously flashes then it is getting hot, if it stays on then it is overheating.

Fomoco has a history of giving good advice. I think he is trying to deduce if it is going into limp mode. But I'm not sure.

If your temp light flickers, and then it goes into limp mode; Then you need to count the flashes, and figure out what code the sled is giving you.

Premium Features