• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ZX vs XP

MtnRidr4Life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2008
Fargo, ND
The question of the day, and it may be a dumb one to some of you, but worth asking anyway is:

If I currently own a zx chassis, would it be better to put the 827 or 840 big bore in it, or sell it and use the cash for the big bore along with the cash from selling the zx to buy an xp?

I really want to put the big bore in my sled, but also like the idea of upgrading, and there is only so much cash since I haven't found the money tree yet.

M
Oct 24, 2008
Fort St James
You will notice HUGE benefits moving to a rider forward design, once you get used to it. I would recomend selling the zx, buy yourself a REV (much cheaper than an xp) and throw a big bore in that thing. Best of both worlds. That's my 0.02

MtnRidr4Life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2008
Fargo, ND
I did ride a 05 RT1000 for a day a couple years ago. Really liked the power of it, but I didn't find it as easy to throw around as mine. But it did take almost the whole day to get somewhat used to it.

If I went you're route, what year would be the best to look at? I heard the 07's were not as great as the 06.

M
Oct 24, 2008
Fort St James
well you didn't chose the right sled to try the rider forward design. Lol. Great power, but super heavy. And that's on top of being such a drastic chassis change that its hard to get used to.

Personally I would take any year rev and be happy, though my first choice would be an '07. They had a few major problems you have to aware of if you take that route, but the 800r is capable of a lot more power than the older 800ho, and the chassis is quite refined by that point. A guy has to do his research, and be ready to do a few mods to get it up to date.

That said I ride the original 03.5 and love it, they are all great machines

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Get rid of the zx, a great sled, but no comparison to an XP. I would bet that a stock 800 xp, or even a REV, will easily beat a BB zx chassis. I would go so far to say that a 600 XP would give the old zx bb a run for its money. the chassis is just that much better.

W
Nov 26, 2007
RENNER SD
This ZX 827 has given a couple XP's a run for there money. But for the price it took to get there you might be better off with the XP. Just sayin. Even a REV would be pretty good.

Ski Doo1.jpg Ski Doo2.jpg

MtnRidr4Life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2008
Fargo, ND
I've got about 30 miles on a fresh rebuild, so I'm thinking I will see how my sled does compared to my buddies 08 that he just picked up.

But after looking at prices of an XP, it is almost worth just selling my zx and making the jump to that chassis.

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
I've got about 30 miles on a fresh rebuild, so I'm thinking I will see how my sled does compared to my buddies 08 that he just picked up.

But after looking at prices of an XP, it is almost worth just selling my zx and making the jump to that chassis.

IMO, You would enjoy riding much more on a Rev or XP over the ZX.. The fun factor sky rockets on the newer chassis..

Kelsey

Premium Features