• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Your opinion on must have's for Cat owners

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I already have those.. :D Looking for something for the sled ... :cool:

I really wish I had a picture of me towing Tim and his Poo out past all those people at the finish line during Arctic Man last year..

Shouldn't you be working on laying out my new tunnel? :rolleyes:

That was embarrasing :o But, McGyver did have that up and running again in a couple of hours! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: AKSNOWRIDER
A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
I would skip the intake, they can cause alot of problems. If you want more power ASAC has a "set-up" with clutching and head work that really wakes the 700s up.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
I would skip the intake, they can cause alot of problems. If you want more power ASAC has a "set-up" with clutching and head work that really wakes the 700s up.

The "set-up" , just for reference, is-

Mill stock head
42/36P Helix
Shift Assist
BDX Rock rollers
White Secondary spring
Yellow Primary spring (optional)

We stock that stuff as well just for reference.

Last edited:
A
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Alaska

The intake on the 700's isn't a great idea but on the 8's it works pretty well. If this was for a 700 only; keep the stock can RKT or milled head, alot of clutching and some light weight goodies. Theres a few 08+ complete skids on CL and the board for less than the conversion and it is worth it. I hated my m7 on the trails.

Last edited:
S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
I have done just about all you can do to n M7.

remember it's just opinions.

Do not do the intake you actually loose perf.

Buy the Skid. It works and weight loss is about 10#

Stay away from cans they don't work. Unless you buy a pipe combo. I have bought 4 up in til I bought a pipe and can from NPP. None of them worked.

RKT secondary is a must have. don't fool yourself with the shift assist.

I have only used simmons ski's but aftermarkets are a good purchase.

Get the fuel psi dialed as well as the oil. I have a Boss fuel controller I will sell brand new for 175.00 I switched to an Attitude for a turbo in the future

vent the clutch to include shock towers.

get the new track [powder claw] it's lighter and works just as good if not better than a A-20 flipped. without crapping yourself going back down.

I have a ton more mods but those are the ones that are cheap and easy. Again just my 2 cents. there are more guys that have other options I am positive of that.

I put the cat race 150 rails under mine with the 09 float set-up. It would be a good idea to trade out your rails and start from scratch.

Remember this thing will eat an m8's lunch prior to 09 and it will be very competitive to the new ones if done right. :beer;:beer;

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
Does the 2010 M8 really come with this good of shock valving from the factory that nobody;s complaining? Nice..

I know a guy with a BDX intake on his M7, it runs fine. Never heard it bog or felt it bog so far this year. The mbrp can raped it though, stocks the only way too go.

Jan 4, 2008
Alaska
For an 05-08:

1.) Some sort of snow eliminators

2.) Some different skis

3.) BDX 2-wheel kit & BDX hood nose vent kit. (I consider that 1 thing cause if you get them both at the same time you only spend about $40.)

Bar risers are a must too.

N
What degree of Helix? Just curious..

what IQRIDR said.......For an M7..42/36 P

i cant remember what spring i have in my secondary......just ask them at the anch. cat shop......also i put in a shift assist.......after i did that clutch work my sled ripped!!! it had a bog...then did the clutch work....big difference!!! if your gonna do the clutch work you might as well put in the aftermarket rollers for the secondary.....rated for high temp!!!

Apr 2, 2009
Cat's always seem to barrow my tow strap!!!! Be nice if they carried there own... I carry one in my Ski-doo.... Always seem to tow a CAT though.....

Premium Features