• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

xp

05 Doo 800....get a hold of Dynamo Joe.

Remember, sometimes symptoms of "not running as good as others" may not always be clutching. Hard to clutch an engine that needs new rings or carb boots.

I think alot of guys last year were in limp mode for most of the season before they realized it. That would certainly send you chasing your tail in circles

Ya the limp mode thing is a real doozy until you realize what it can be doing.

BUT that is not the only thing that effects which XP runs better. In any lineup, anywhere of STOCK XP's or any other brand, some will always work better than others. I have 3 currently. One was not so good, another decent and one straight up rocks!! And that was when all three were bone stock. Clutching can alter it, but that is not the only game in town.

As far as I can tell skidoo has much greater production tolerances in their motors than any Japanese company I have dealt with. For instance, BJ has posted information stating that port timing will vary two degrees between cylinders. A 2 degree variation in cylinder port timing is HUGE!! That is why some XP's like to run 7900 and others 8300. My original motor liked to run 8300. Nikasil flaked, I got a new jug. Buckled it together and with all other identicle parts I now had a 7950 motor. That was where it wanted to run. I will also go on to say that it would NEVER perform like my other cylinder...

There are production tolerances on any machine. Talking purely stock sleds, the one that has all those tolerances working together all the way through...form the motor, to clutch, to drivetrain alignment and losses will be the top performer of any group. In short, yes some XP's run better than others.

Jake

Premium Features

Back