• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP Engine Rebuild Upgrades?

Hey, I have an 08 XP with 2200miles on it. I want to get the engine rebuilt this summer to insure I dont get stuck next year with a blown motor. Any advice on upgrades to the engine I can do while getting it rebuilt? Anything to give me a little more juice? thanks guys!

Hey, I have an 08 XP with 2200miles on it. I want to get the engine rebuilt this summer to insure I dont get stuck next year with a blown motor. Any advice on upgrades to the engine I can do while getting it rebuilt? Anything to give me a little more juice? thanks guys!

nothing besides porting

but you might as well go with the big bore then

860 ot 880 or something

other than that theres nothing you can do internally that would be worth it

maybe a drop in kit from rtk with head and pistons

couple options i supose

a big bore will give you another 30hp or so if setup correctly

and be just as relialbe as stock

but its going to cost substantially more than just rebuilding...probly another 1500

PM Big John on here, he runs Sled Head Racing and can give you lots of info and anything else you want.

Please give me a call..I can doo stock rebuilds (true crank, seals, gaskets, new pistons etc..) all the way up to a 180 hp SHR860R (hot rod version)...have clutching/gearing for all combos...BJ

Premium Features

Back