• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP Driveshaft Recall

S
Jan 20, 2008
I was talking to the service manager at the local dealer and he said Ski Doo was going to recall all of the driveshafts in 08 XP's. Said he just got back from Ski Doo Service school. Anyone else heard this?:confused:

L

lucky13

Nov 26, 2007
northern utah
yes they are you should get a letter, they are also going to do something to the clutches, the only down side is each dealer will get a limited supply a week.

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
it is a clutch allignment thing the are going to chang the offset and to do this they have to drill out some motor mounts the bad thing is that most parts for the drive shaft recall are on backorder till mid october to mid november

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
it is a clutch allignment thing the are going to chang the offset and to do this they have to drill out some motor mounts the bad thing is that most parts for the drive shaft recall are on backorder till mid october to mid november

talked to Dustin today and they should have parts soon---mountain states first:):D maybe a couple weeks

I
Sep 17, 2008
rocky mountains
there isn't a recall on any clutch components. Skidoo is only replacing driveshafts in all XP model year 08 even if they were replaced last year.

09 models have clutch component improvements but no recall or update the 2008s. I would recommend using some of the new clutch bushings and rollers on the 09 on your older sleds but the new ramps and helix i would wait to see if it works first.

M
Feb 6, 2008
Rapid City, SD
Getting the itch!!

Got my name on the list so when the dealer gets the parts, he will call me and get the sled in! :-)

BTW... I have the 154" 800 Summit Everest & towards the end of the year last year I had them re-gear it as per Ski Doo's recommendation & it woke up the beast! It's a totally different sled now. I have so much more power it's ridiculous... and I love it! I highly recommend this if you ride the steep & deep.

M
Feb 9, 2008
xp drive shaft

I have just purchaced a 08 xp summit , used . 2nd ride out on it and the driveshaft broke . Does anyony think BRP will stand behind it . Or will they still warranty it after the warranty period if there is a recall on them . I had an 04 rev that had the bad rings in it , never got a recall letter , ounce i found out the issue with the sled was rings . my warranty was over and our local dealership there was a recall on the rings , however only looked after it if it was still on the warranty period . doesn't make sence , a recall is a recall , warranty or not!:face-icon-small-fro

Premium Features