• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

wth went wrong? help me figure out my turbo issues

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
assuming it was warm yesterday over there like around bozo, charge temps are up and you might have been just close enough to being too rich before that having your red transition a little low could have showed up after the thing heat soaked a hair on that pull.

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
Last time I rode was a month ago and at lower elev. and yeah, it was warmer that day. Probably around 30 or so and 25 or so today

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
Well from what I understand if you turned down the red/blue it would turn on the red sooner in the rpm range. Red/blue adjustments are rpm sensitive. So if you had it too low then red would come on too soon as it was coming up in revs, then over fuel and cut out, which would bring rpm back down, which would turn off red again and then the cycle continues.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yessir, if you go so rich it missfires, you get the lean reading from the large burp of air that goes through that wasnt involved in a burn. that is why its all over the place when its gurgling on you.

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
Well then....looks like we have solved out problem and found one more idiot who jumped into the turbo world who has no clue what he's doing ha ha. Live and ya learn I guess ha ha. Thanks guys!

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I wouldnt worry about it. I have been around em for a while and am very embarassed to say, I missed a loose air box the other day. :face-icon-small-dis

I finally got to watch the vid on my phone. What I dont get is my sled sounds completely different when its rich. Mine has more of a flutter, not such a on and off the throttle sound. It seems like you are completely dumping the throttle and then stabbin it again.

Premium Features