• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

wtb-40 or 45 cal.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Looking for a handgun. Anyone have one for sale in Wa State? Not set on model or caliber yet. Looking for something affordable and in good shape.

well i dont have one for sale but im kinda a gun freak and am gona give you my oppinion, for .45 cal. i have a kimber tactical law enforcement ( tle) with a tac rail ( rl 2) 1911 in stainless and i love it very easy to handle crazy accurate but very pricey, so i was looking for a while trying to decide what i wanted it was between 3 choices all 1911's because i love the design.
first was the kimber second was a springfield and after lots of researching the third was suppriseingly the taurus pt1911 and if your on a budget i wouldnt think twice about getting the taurus. almost every bodys oppinion on that gun was high quality , utterly reliable and at a price that puts most 1911's to shame and you can get them with an accesory rail if you like. i think the non railed ones retail for around $500 and the railed for $600, the only thing i wouldnt recomend is the stainless model, it seemed to be alot looser than the black non stainless model, because stainless is alot harder to machine to spec the cheaper gun companys dont seem to do a good job. unless you go find a black and stainless one at a gun store and compare how much side to side movement the slide has in the rear of the frame if there compareable and preatty tight disregard my former coment.

but to sum it up the taurus has almost every option that my kimber does and is less than 1/2 the price. and the 1911 is very easy to handle and promotes accurate shooting under pressure aka conceled carry. hope this helps.

I have looked at a few in gun shops and found that the 1911 is pretty nice, very comfortable feeling. I appreciate your information.

Where in WA. are you? Wade's in Bellevue has a good selection. Not always the best price though. They also have quite a few used pistols. I bought a Glock 23 from them. (40 cal. compact) Now that i know a little more about them i would prefer a Springfield XD-45 Compact. They just fit my hand better. I prefer the compact models for regular carry. If it's a range pistol it really does not matter to me about the size.

I'm in the south end. I have been to Wades. I have also shot the gun you're talking about but I couldn't hit a thing with it for some reason. I do want something for carrying so a compact size is impt. I would really like to make a purchase with a private party but if I have to I will go to a shop.

40. cal

i have a nickel 40.cal taraus for sale. im located in yakima Wa. pm me if interested. my brother got it through the police dept. and says hes only put 1 clip through it.

i have a bunch of 45s too and always chose double stacks for the higher cap and comfort in shooting.
daily carry beater glock 21
range gun clean stainless Paraordinance P14

if taking one handgun to close combat fight, the Glock would be the one.

Premium Features

Back