• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wow! 39 Grams of Unbalance: Witness clutch demo

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
If he balances the clutch and you dont have 0 run out on the crankshaft it doesn't change anything RUN OUT IS RUN OUT its bad. You have to clock the primary clutch to the crankshaft. Until you get rid of the run out your going to continue eat the bearings regardless. Every time you pull your primary put the pto side on tdc and make sure the mark on the stationary sheave is pointed straight up? If not when you put it back on you can actually be making it more off balance because its not clocked with the crankshaft. Realistically his primary balance is only partially helping one side of the engine.. Anyone with triple beam can balance pistons,pins and rings.:tape2: don't forget the rods 2

Last edited:

mx100

Lifetime Membership
Jun 16, 2010
Livingston, MT.
RUN OUT IS RUN OUT (its bad.)

That I understand. So no matter what, balancing the clutch is a good thing. As long as you clock your clutch when putting it back on the crank, you are helping one side of the crank? That right?

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
yes it helps a little. If you balance just the pri it doesnt matter. If you do his engine balance as an external balance it will have to be clocked to the crank shaft.

Perks how are you balancing the crank shaft? Are you separating it? Are your complete engine balance internaly balanced? In the sled is obviously ext balance.

Perks. How do you know the engine is 115 grams out of balance and where?

Last edited:

7perk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2010
39 grams of unbalance

:face-icon-small-ton I will not talk about what Ski-Doo is doing on their 2012 800cc at this time.

I'm doing just like a 454 chev. or 428 ford External Engine Balance. Basically the clutch and new mag. rotor become part of crank assy. The 800R motor are real close on their mass producing the crank assy. Again the 115 grams of unbalance and angle of unbalance is given to me by my German made state of the art balance machine. The Engine Kit is not a perfect balance but is with in 10 grams or less on all 2007 - thru 2011 motors (800R and etec 800).
Part of my patent process is I'm the only one in the world spinning the rods, pistons, etc. right in the motor case. You just send your primary clutch. I first balance it in a two plane set-up and then I place it on my 2010 sled along with a per balanced rotor for the mag. side then I set-up the balance machine on my sled and run it at about 2500 rpm and using the clutch and mag. rotor balance the crank without even removing it from the motor case.
The reason for spin balancing anything is to take out the imperfections of manufacturing and one of those imperfections is RUN OUT. Call me and ask about the 900 Arctic Cat that I balanced back in 2005 it's a perfect example of run out issues.
And this RUN OUT issue is just one reason for spin balancing any rotating mass. On these cranks distribution of mass in the crank, pistons ,rods, etc. is where the unbalance is coming not .003 or .004 RUN OUT.
This new technology has only been out for a few years. I no longer have to take the crank out and tear it apart and put bob-weighs on it. That technology of the pass is only a best guess. My patent pending process is NOT a guess.
And if you send the core motor I can take all of the unbalance out of the motor or crank and clutch assy.
I'm not going to give out all my secrets but EVERY SINGLE MOTOR NEEDS TO SPIN BALANCED. There is no balance marks (holes or pins or any thing showing the three manufacturer's doing any spin balancing on any motor). Including 2012 Ski-Doo, Polaris, or Arctic Cat.
If you would just call I will truly explain my process in detail over the phone.

Last edited:
Premium Features