• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will i be happy with a 2010 M8 BD turbo?

So i came across a sweet deal on a super super clean 2010 HCR with a Boondocker turbo. sled is immaculant looks better then new, has low miles, runs strong, blah blah blah... My question to you cat guys is i come from the Pro Chassis and a season this last year on an XM chassis.. im looking for a fun spare/backup sled and this one fits the budget nicely. Am i going to like it? i have very very little time on any Mseries sled i think ive ridden a 09 m8 for maybe 20 min in the trees once last year. will i enjoy this sled for part of the season? i love the older durable iron but am 25 yrs old and love jumping tree riding and climbing. I know that Suzuki engine is super strong and loves boost...Any input would be great, thanks!

M-8

So I have a 2010 BD M-8 153 that I love. I have some time on the Pro and have about 60 miles on an XM. I think I would take my M-8 over a pro any day. The power is great and the suspension is comparable. Now the XM is a completely different beast. Love that suspension and the feel of the sled. Power wise it was stock so no comparison but still a great feeling with smooth power. I like the XM so much that I have a new suspension on order from Tom's in Sierra City. He is my local Skidoo expert and builds a suspension similar to the XM for M-8s. Hope this helps

Youll be buying one of the most reliable turbo'd sleds ever made. Im on an 07 M8 turbo and its the funnest sled ive ever ridden, ive ridden XMs and pros and yes those chassis might be slightly lighter and more nimble but the power to weight ratio of a m8 turbo is amazing. If it has good suspension and is really clean I wouldnt pass this up.

You ave a big problem

you will love your Boosted M series so much , it will not be your backup sled no more, u will only want to ride that and won't like or want to ride the other sleds.

The boosted m is an awesome sled. It will do anything the pro will do but the pro does it easier. They steer harder and make my shoulder hurt. The ride isn't as good but can be remedied. My turboed m8 was flawless other than one set of plugs. Pump gas or race gas? Mine was pump but i bought the intercooler and fuel upgrade kit, with extra injectors, but sold before I put it on. I will give you the deal of the century if you need any of this stuff.

My 11 was one of the best sleds I've had to date. No problems and never had to touch it. It was race gas with fan etc and would just pull and pull! I wish I could find another one just like it....

You'll be happy with it. My m8 turbo was almost trouble free, just some minor things that I should have noticed before they became an issue. It was also a 2010 m8 that had a pump gas turbo for a season then a race gas turbo for a season.

Such a fun sled. Not sure why I ever got rid of it.

Premium Features

Back