• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who to talk to about Push Turbo Install?

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
So ive read around a bit and I know that its not even worth contacting push for instructions, so as im going to begin my install likely in the next 1-2 weeks I need to know who to talk to. Ive never done a turbo install, and installing the turbo itself looks simple (for the most part) its the wiring and drilling into my throttle bodies that has me worried. I guess only time will tell once I actually start building the kit, and yes I have read everything about the kit I could find on snowest so I have seen the other posts about install help.

Basicly anything to look for or any pictures about the complicated parts of the install, wiring and throttle bodies would be amazing.

I'm buying the kit used from a member on here, I'll for sure get his help but it would be nice to have a professional to talk to aswell.

I would suggest finding a dealer familiar with Push to do the install. That way you know it's done right and it's going to work as intended - and that everything you need has been included with the kit you bought.... Check out Push's website for dealers and pick one close with experience - - - . I would agree, MM Sports is awesome/so is Dakaota Performance... Trust me - it's worth it to have them install it (especially since there isn't one bit of install instructions)

Agreed with Steep & Deep... it's worth the $$.

Also, since you didn't buy it from a dealer, IMO it's kind of rude to call & harass a dealer for tech tips, since they makes their money off actually selling the kits. This is one of the points of consideration that goes into which kit to buy imo... if I buy a Cutler kit, I know Dale will answer the phone, but I wouldn't call Erik from AMS/ VOHK here about a used BD kit, I'd call BD. To me it's just a common sense "right thing" kind of thing.

Obviously though, if Kevin doesn't mind spending his time without any kind of compensation... he's a GREAT guy to deal with, Personally though I'd faal like a azz calling someone like that though.

Im pretty broke right now so I cant afford to have a dealer do it which is why im doing it, I understand completely about not wanting to waste a dealers time on me since I didnt get it from them, just looking for a few pointers here and there, I should be able to get most of it myself and by talking with a few locals but im sure ill run into a few issues.

Is it for a 800 or a 1000??? It is pretty simple man..... I did my install on my 09 m1000 with a push rg turbo, or at least it started with all push parts, Now its a costom kit with bd fuel control, and many other different components! Hopefully your is 800 because from what I understand it was pretty close the 1000 however was way out in left field!

As far as install though just take your time look at your parts figure out what goes where and start taking it one step at a time, That's what I did, when I got stuck I contacted Dakato perf, I ended up buying several parts from them to help get the kit straightened out which made it worth there time helping me! But I can honestly say I know and understand everything about my sled and its turbo which makes it nice I think. Don't get in a hurry and Good luck!

Yeah its for an 800, I think I should be fine for the most part, I have probably until around early/mid November till we have enough snow for the first ride of the year, so I have until then to get it installed.

pamyjy7y.jpg
I had this small piece left over. It edges are pointy and sharp! In prety sure it's broken. Must not have needed it though causeDamn. This sled rips!!!

Last edited:
You get that kit coming Robert?

Having a few issues actually getting the kit in my hands but its getting figured out!

oh Robert...on your first trip out with the turbo...although I have all the confidence in the world about your install..

Have a friend tag along with a rope...

Oh dont worry where im going its all downhill once i get to the top... If I get to the top..

IMO, the key words used turbo kit, out of money, don't have any experience with turbos all adds up to a very long and very frustrating winter. If you haven't paid for this yet, DON'T! On the other hand, we all have to start somewhere and learn. The great thing is, this is the right place to ask for help. I've installed a few Push kits and will help you as much as I can. PM me when you get the kit and ill see what I can do.

Robert I think is a sharper pencil then he is letting on...he will do fine with abit of help from you turbo guys..

IMO, the key words used turbo kit, out of money, don't have any experience with turbos all adds up to a very long and very frustrating winter. If you haven't paid for this yet, DON'T! On the other hand, we all have to start somewhere and learn. The great thing is, this is the right place to ask for help. I've installed a few Push kits and will help you as much as I can. PM me when you get the kit and ill see what I can do.

Thanks a bunch, you will likely get a pm from me at some point durring the install. Already paid for the kit and it seems like a great way to learn my sled, and I have some tuning experience from last season so that part I should be good for. Snowest is for sure the right place to ask, so many knowledgeable people all put into one place mixed with some, well... Not so bright people, makes for a great website!

Robert I think is a sharper pencil then he is letting on...he will do fine with abit of help from you turbo guys..

Even when the pencil gets dull from one to many of those concussions Ive had thanks to motocross I seem to figure things out. And although I dont have anyone close to help me with 2 smoke turbo knowledge (other then snowest) theres a few 4 stroke guys I can pick on..

Everything should be fine im just getting anxious for this thing to be on my sled and the snow to fly, its hard seeing snow in the mountains everyday but knowing theres not enough to ride.. And my sled isnt ready...

Premium Features

Back