• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who to talk to about Push Turbo Install?

I did an install last year and it all worked out well using this as a basic guideline the only thing they don't have here is where to drill your throttle bodies but if you have a buddy with a turbo kit you can just take a glance at theirs and you will figure it out.
If you need parts i'd call Jeff at Dakota Performance he's great to deal with and knows whats going on with PUSH turbo kits!
Good luck!

http://boondockers.com/instructions

If you look at the pic it shows where to drill the BOV connection.. I just might know my way around a Push turbo kit or two so if you need anything let me know.. And Ihave more pics too.

install pics

the biggest issue I see you are going to have is that 2007 kit and 2010 kits are different due to angle of pipe.
if you want a 2010 kit I have one its the tail kit with 4 injectors. comes with installation help.

if you go onto Facebook and like mmsports their are lots of install pics.

Last edited:
Which fuel controller does it have? Does it have the third injector?
Comes with the original one and the PCV with Autotune, I also have a boondocker box that I have to check but I believe it is turbo compatible

And it doesnt have the extra injector.

the biggest issue I see you are going to have is that 2007 kit and 2010 kits are different due to angle of pipe.
if you want a 2010 kit I have one its the tail kit with 4 injectors. comes with installation help.

The kit came off a 2010 and comes with all the piping needed so all that should fit.
Just curious if I ever wanted could i upgrade to the tail kit with 4 injectors from my base kit? Through you?

if you go onto Facebook and like mmsports their are lots of install pics.

Thanks I will do that

Got the kit coming along nicely, everything seems to be fairly straight forward, one question I do have though... The bolt pattern for the gauge holder doesnt line up to my bars.. Anywhere... Is the bolt pattern for the 2010 up bar different then the 07?

Theres a few wires that have me confused but before I ask for help here Im gunna give it a shot to get it figured out on my own! I like challenge... Well kinda that but mainly theres no snow yet so I need something to keep me busy!

Hardest part about turbo install....

Well ive been slowly working away at the turbo and anytime I get stuck I just work on something else (great method I know), well today I went to change to the D&D Adjustable weights and turbo spring to get the clutching out of the way... Id say I went through about 5 allen keys twisting/breaking before I ran out of ones to break. How the He11 do I get those damn set screws out of the weights, Tried heat, penetrating lubricant, everything I can think of, couldnt get a single one to budge. Really didnt think Id get stuck at this point out of everything....

I just did my weights as well.

I actually just used a heat gun on high. I tried without heat at first and could have easily broke the Allen key off trying To loosen the set screw. Applied direct heat to the area and they all broke loose relatively easy.

Last edited:
Torch got the job done pretty easily.

From the looks of it im missing the pressure fitting for the blow off valve, the one that goes into the throttle bodies, does anyone have a picture of one or any other details so I know what to look for at the local autobody store before I have to try to order one.

Sleds pretty close to being done now and theres no random holes going through any random places and aside from bolts that are missing forever under my engine all the parts are accounted for. So my question to you guys... Do you guys think ill be able to run straight pump gas on the sled? Ill be runnig 8psi boost (for now) with RKT turbo domes and a resistor that retards the timing 2 degrees on the top end. Ill be tuning it using a PCV and getting a decent base map from Jeff. The closest place for AV gas is about 20 min from my house, which isnt a big deal expect its in the opposite direction of my riding spots so it would make it inconvenient to have to run that which is why I want to stick to pump gas (91) if possible.

What do you guys think?

Elevation?? I've ran 8lbs at 6000ft on 90% pump gas 10% av. Just cuz we ran outta av. Definatly didn't boost it too hard down low till I got up to elevation just to be safe. I always run straight av so then u can always turn it up if needed. Buy a bunch of jerry cans an then u don't have to make as many airport trips. Under our decks full of jerry cans all the time haha.

Not sure how I forgot to mention elevation since I was thinking about it when writing this...

The absolute lowest elevation I will ever unload at is 3500ft, and I almost never ride there. Average unload elevation I would guess it about 4500-5500ft. Average riding around 6000-8000ft, on occasion might go higher if im up for a small drive.

I already have a bunch of jerry cans laying around, didnt really think to just fill my garage with av gas, maybe ill just try to mix a gallon or two just to be safe and go from there, its would be nice to run straight AV but I dont think i have enough jerry cans to make it convenient!

Not trying to peer pressure u............ But, I also said I was gunna run 8 lbs. Trust me just do the av an run 10. It's amazing the difference. I never go below 10 now hahaha it's additive!! Ran 10 all last season some 12. This season more 12 an up high elevation push Er to 14 for a couple pulls to try it !!!

Ill see after a few rides once I know everything is good if I decide to turn it up... But tomorrows the day when I start the sled for the first time, I got the kit 99% installed and just have to connect one more thing... And I dont know where it goes.... Its coming from the PCV ill just to get a pic up so I dont try to describe it and sound like an idiot.

Has anyone else been having issues uploading pictures lately? The piece is a threaded sensor that reads honeywell on the side. It seems like it should be obvious but im just not sure where it goes...

Well that was disappointing, went to start the sled and it wouldn't. Sled isn't turning the fuel pump for some reason. Put fuel down the cylinder and it started right up.

Well that was disappointing, went to start the sled and it wouldn't. Sled isn't turning the fuel pump for some reason. Put fuel down the cylinder and it started right up.

Try a 9v battery on the fuel pump plug. Sometimes they stick and need a lil bump start.

Premium Features

Back