• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who services comp oilless turbos

U

Uncle Bob

Like the title says, cant seem to reach the ovs boys and looking to get mine repacked over the summer. Who does it and is there anyone in canada?

Yes who is servicing them ? here in the states as well i think there going to be busy.Oh and last time we tried to get a hold of ovs there number was shut down found out they were changing it.

Comp told me when I had one not to service them every year. With the break in that is needed after having them rebuilt I specifically called and asked them about the service interval. They said not to send it in every year, instead to listen to the turbo wind down and if it gets noisier to then send it in.

Thats pretty much the stage im at, three seasons on it and it is noisier and only free spools about half as long as it used to after shut down

Uncle bob How is your mounted? vert or horizontal? My buddys only lasted about 800 mile and quit spinning its mounted vertical it was rough before it went out if you lifted up on the wheel it would free it up quite a bit but as soon as you let it drop it was bad again. Im told they can not be mounted vertical as the bearing cant take that kind of load or not for long.

Premium Features

Back