• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who Else Is From Michigan On Here?

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
live between lansing and flint. have been outwest a few times and love it. we just got back from togwotee. we were there all last week, had a blast. cant wait to go back. usually we ride northern ontarios backcountry to stay away from the racers on the trails in our own state. we've been riding there about 10 years now, and i have never saw more than 14 people in one day riding. now that we ride off trail we never see anyone. rarely do we ride in michigan anymore. if we do, it is grand marais and the offtrail areas there. we have a friend who grooms and works on search and rescue there. so, he knows all of the out of the way places and short cuts. ski

H
Dec 3, 2007
MASON,MI
Lansing here! Ride the hurons out of Big Bay and mostly in Wyo. Just got back from delivering a truck to my friend Joe who is a guide for Brooks lake lodge.The snow is DEEP up top. Rode Fri,SAt,and Sun and did a lot of digging.We are going to Centenial to ride Snowy,s on Jan 10th if anybody is interested? I make 3 or 4 trips west each winter if anyone is interested in hitching a ride!Merry Christmas! and STANDUPNRIDE! Doug H.:beer;

K
Dec 2, 2007
I live in lake linden, and ride mainly Houghton and Keweenaw counties. We planned our first ride for last weekend, but our big snow storm turned out to be rain. The great start we had this winter is almost gone.I'd guess there's enough snow to trail ride, but not enough to go off trail. I guess the sled can sit in the garage a while longer, and I can sit in front of this thing daydreaming about riding. It can't be much longer now.

R
Dec 17, 2006
Im in curtis and all I do is boon dock plenty north of seeney ride out west at least 6 tims a season and have a vanamberg tunnel M-8 turbo with to much light weight stuff to list
Ya I've heard those turbo's have awsome power ,was watching them on sledhead's,Its nice that you know all the off trails stuff.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
I'm from the thumb area, Sebewaing. I used to ride Canada & U.P., but with the Canadian exchange rate at such a disadvantage, we found riding Togwotee, Wy. is much cheaper. Now I haven't bought a Mi. trail permit in three years.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
J
Dec 5, 2007
UP OF MI
Central Up

I Live In Negaunee, Most Riding Is Done North Of Ispeming, And North Of Wakefield. I Have Been Riding Long Tracks Since 1998. Currently Ride 800 Snowhawks, And Custom Vertical Escape 159. Check Out Lemoinesmotorsports.com, Exconfreeride.com, Snowhawk Factory Website Vids And Braap 6 Extra Footage. When We Get Some More Snow Come Check Out The Hawks Or Call 475-6595. Rode Aaa To Ford Rd / Dodge City ,big Bay Area New Years Day, Not Much Snow 1-2 Feet At Most.

T

threehole700

Nov 29, 2007
I live between Grand Rapids and Lansing, have friends with a place at Houghton Lake and another friend living near Munising. I've probably rode every trail system in the state and prefer the Seney and Big Bay areas because there is actually some good off-trail riding to be had in those areas. Never been out west but I will SOON, really gets my blood boiling lurking on here and reading the stories and looking at the pictures, its awesome.

O

olymon

Charlevoix lower michigan. Riding the fields and power lines quite often. I like to get up to the Lanse area to ride on all the logging roads. West of Lanse on the power lines too. Both sleds are only 136's but it seems to be enough most of the time. Besides getting stuck is just a lesson in what I did wrong, maybe I won't do it next time:D

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
I pretty much ride the keweenaw and the western UP; great riding on and off-trail as long as we keep the thaws away!

I gotta put a plug out for the www.Johndee.com event that is coming up February first. Great riding, Event T-shirt, Entertainment, Banquet Dinner, raffle silent auction; All in all this is an awesome time! You can register at www.johndee.com All this is benefiting a Make a Wish family from Drummond Island who will be there for this event.

I hope to see you out there, this is our third year and it keeps getting better!

JS

D
Dec 4, 2007
Central Lower Michigan
I'm In

Middle of the mitten for me. Lake Isabella area, west of Mt. Pleasant. I have a cabin just north of Mancelona...Love the boondocking and bowl playing...lots of deep snow compared to the rest of the lower.

H
Dec 3, 2007
MASON,MI
Mtnboondocker, I just got back this morning from Centenial, were to tired to ride when we got there on Fri. morning, but we had beautiful riding on Sat.Sun. and Mon. was SUNNY! Jumped up on top of the ridge just above Lake Marie and was all untracked.Watch for rocks! When you are at Tog. try and make the trip to Brooks Lake.IMOP its some of the best riding around.We have a group of about 20 going to Brooks on Feb 04-08. Mom's Motorsports has a group at Snowys about same time as you. If you have lunch at Brooks ask Joe Hutchison for some pointers on where to ride,he knows the area like the back of his hand!

G
Dec 19, 2007
Surrounded by Dumbacrat's
pics from togwotee last week. lots and lots... i'm on the blue nytro mtx, wife (snobuny) is on the yellow 40th anniversary nytro mtx, grapeape is on the apex mtx. maybe we can get a group caravan heading out to snowies, alpine, tog, bighorns or cooke city one of these days. ski

http://www.mook-photo.com/webs/sumo/togwoteesml_12-20-2007_sorted/

http://www.mook-photo.com/webs/sumo/best_of_togwotee/album/index.html

Hey I know you :D

Live in Indian River & work (which is highly over rated) in Boyne City ;)

S
Jan 22, 2008
Grand Rapids. Cabin in Thompsonville. On and off trail everywhere (LP and UP)with a Polaris 700 144" and the new ride, '04 Snowhawk that I just switched to a 136".
Keep the snow reports coming.

BC

Premium Features