• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which 9R clutch kit?

Which clutch kit for the 9R?

• Ibexx

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • C&S

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Straightline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SLP

• Indy Specialties

• BMP

• Brandt

• Other (Specify in comments)

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
So I have a 2024 9R Khaos 165 that I'm looking for a complete clutch kit for. I was planning on going with an Ibexx kit but just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

How does the Ibexx kit compare to Indy Specialties, BMP, Straightline, C&S, SLP, etc?

I ride 5000 - 8000' generally.

• Vomit
Reactions: Kraven
V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
You provide the information requested to Tony and should be able to set you up with what you need:
Weights, primary spring, Helix, secondary spring, offset alignment bar, shims for weights, shims for secondary clutch plus the technical know how to set it up. He's also enough of a straight shooter that if some existing parts will work he won't try to sell you parts you don't need.
I put his clutching on my new sled without even riding it. Worked from 3000' to 8000' without changing a thing. If I rode one elevation or the other I suppose I could optimise a bit but to have it pull a consistant 8250-8300 at that range of elevation was quite impressive. Belt life and belt heat are pretty impressive too.

Reactions: TRS and IFlyEm

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
P85 needs to be an option also

I'm sticking with the P22 for the time being.
You provide the information requested to Tony and should be able to set you up with what you need:
Weights, primary spring, Helix, secondary spring, offset alignment bar, shims for weights, shims for secondary clutch plus the technical know how to set it up. He's also enough of a straight shooter that if some existing parts will work he won't try to sell you parts you don't need.
I put his clutching on my new sled without even riding it. Worked from 3000' to 8000' without changing a thing. If I rode one elevation or the other I suppose I could optimise a bit but to have it pull a consistant 8250-8300 at that range of elevation was quite impressive. Belt life and belt heat are pretty impressive too.

I sent him a message!

Reactions: TRS

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
I've heard a lot about it but never really heard how it improves the sled. How is it on the first third of the rev range?

It basically improves everywhere start to finish over stock. Much better low end hit that makes it easier to get on edge when blipping the throttle, good backshift. Combined with a reputable tune it turns the Boost into a monster!

Last edited:
Reactions: User Name
Premium Features