• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

When the dealer tells you the new 165's handle like the 155's.

koolaid

Premium Member
It's a sales tactic to get rid of the 165's he has left because all the 155's (154's) have already been sold. 165's DO NOT handle like their shorter brother's. Something I have noticed over the years over here, guys with 165's always wish they had the 155's but never the other way around.

Humm . .. that has not been my experience.
I have jumped back and forth between 155 and 165 and can say that there is no difference at all.
10" more track is just about 4" more actually on the snow.
Perhaps that depends on the rider or skill level or sled setup . . ?
I would take a 165 over a 155 any day . . . especially in the deeper powder.

The 165" can hold a sidehill a little better, and obviously floats a little better. The 155" can wheelie better. Those are the only differences I notice. First ride on my 165" Khaos I accidentally pulled it over backwards so I have no problems sticking with the longer sled personally.

I started thread because of watching a dealer at a sno-park last season. Had three new 165's in various packages. Of the guys inquiring about them, I heard this over and over, " Do you have this one but in a 155?". Followed by "No, but the new 165's ride just like the 155's". That's all!

There is a big difference as there has always been. Pros and cons each way. The new 165s might seem like 155s from umpteen years ago for the sheer fact new sleds are more nimble but then you're not comparing apples to apples. To say there is no difference is laughable.

The matryx is actually less wheelie happy than the Axys with the same track.

A 155 pro matryx is closer to a 163 Axys Khaos.

In the matryx 155>165 for fun.

Lame ski’s down riding (and the deepest 2% of days) 165>155

Premium Features

Back