• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

wheelie monster

hey guys wondering what i could do to keep the skis down without going to a aftermarket skid or the rear wheelie stop.I seem to have little to no ski pressure should i drop my skid to the lower hole tightened the shocks in the rear like to try some different situations im going kmod next year but for now im trying to work with what i got

It has a float in the back.

Is it stock, if it is wheelieing then I would bet you need to add air to the rear shock, front skid shock should have 3/8" preload and limiters all the way out.
Then put the bars in the lowest position and it will help.

pretty sure it should, do you have a pic, is it adjustable.

When you go riding,,,, after the snow builds up a little, stop on flat ground and get off, go to the back of the sled and lift on the bumper, if the bumper comes up more than 1" before hitting the top of the shock stroke you need to tighten it. I would actually tighten it as tight as I could without loosing ride quality.

was asking sled equip.

what track, what length, what turbo kit, was boost??????????????????

Yep

that is about, all u can do, suck up the limiters, and do the Geo mod, can change back to stock when u get the Kmod, If you can afford it, get the Raptors, I'm saving up for them next year, hoping they go down in price some.

Leave the limiter all the way out, shock pressure at 135 lbs and install and OVS wheelie stop in the skid ($350). The OVS wheelie stop simulates the whole idea of the KMOD without replacing your cat skid. I run this in a twisted 1000 on 12 lbs boost and no issues.

2011 m8 cutlers stage 1 with upgraded fuel pump running 10# with 153 power claw

Limiters out!!! sucking it up will only make it steer hard and not work as well

Do what I said,

geo mod will make it worse

most likely you will need a OVS kit or if you want the real deal get a kmod, it will make you wonder why they don't just sell them with a turbo, flat out amazing what it can do with the right skid.

Leave the limiter all the way out, shock pressure at 135 lbs and install and OVS wheelie stop in the skid ($350). The OVS wheelie stop simulates the whole idea of the KMOD without replacing your cat skid. I run this in a twisted 1000 on 12 lbs boost and no issues.

I run the ovs wheelie stop as well. Really seems to work at keeping the front in control.

I run the ovs stop.. How much space is supposed to be in there with no one on it? I have it on 6 or closest to the arm and there is still 1 3/8 between the arm and the stop. Should there be that much space?

Thanks Jim

I run the ovs stop.. How much space is supposed to be in there with no one on it? I have it on 6 or closest to the arm and there is still 1 3/8 between the arm and the stop. Should there be that much space?

Thanks Jim

If installed per instructions, that sounds close. I would have to measure mine to compare.

His original post- stated

what can I do other than an after market skid, or a wheelie stop

what can I do other than an after market skid, or a wheelie stop

Probably not a lot to be done on a stock suspension. The transfer needs to Be controlled and that Is near impossible on a stock suspension without ruining the drivability of the sled.

Ive noticed that dropping rear skid mount bolt into lower hole helps alot with the wheeling and doesnt affect the sleds handiling to bad I dont think anyway!

Dropping the rear skid mount to the lower hole on the M skids will add lots of ski pressure, will help some with ski lift, but cause it to trench pretty bad.

Premium Features

Back