• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What's better?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
the 500 is MUCH more like a car unit, that you CAN take out of the car & get topos on, and the 60 is an outdoor unit that will also work in the car.

For sledding I wouldn't even consider the nuvi myself.

I used to have a 60csx... super stout unit that is very reliable.

S

sfarms

Dec 12, 2012
I am not familiar with the 500 but have used the 60csx for a number of years and am completely impressed. I carry the gps in my pocket or on a lanyard under my coat and it keeps the signal perfectly,one pair of AA batteries last more than a day,and it's relatively easy to navigate through the menu to operate.The sx version is much better than the 60c because it has a compass that works without being in motion.You really can't go wrong with any Garmin products.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
ZUMO 660

Why not use something like a car GPS? I use the Zumo 660 (for a motorcyle), it waterproof sitting inside of an aquabox. Everyone is amazed by my setup. I have a full screen to look at while riding. Plus, I use a SledGPS chip and install all my previous tracks and future locations to ride. I would not change a thing.

YB

Premium Features