• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What track

I have same sled, Im going with a 2.6 powerclaw 153! My only ?? is 80 or 85 duro? I ride in colo so im kinda thinking 80 but then I think maybe the 85 would be better with the higher track speed a turbo brings! Any thoughts??

Stick with the softer track. You will chunk more lugs with the track speed running a turbo and the harder duro. I would buy a camo extreme if I were you though.

I have same sled, Im going with a 2.6 powerclaw 153! My only ?? is 80 or 85 duro? I ride in colo so im kinda thinking 80 but then I think maybe the 85 would be better with the higher track speed a turbo brings! Any thoughts??

What the hell do you need a new track for? That one was only missing a lug or two!!!:face-icon-small-hap

The new 3". Had it all year on mine. Best mod ever. Going to need some sort of coupling to keep from climbing over backwards but man is it awesome!!

2 choices.

1. 3" X3x162"
2. 174x2.5"

I'm personally running the X3, but wish I did the 174x 2.5", if your going to keep it a pump gas a 162x 2.6PC would be good, but for the difference of about $150. I would go 3" unless u do alot of trail bangin

Last edited:
snopro-69

buy the KMOD conversion with Quick adjust Coupler, it is awesome, Love mine -really controls the boosted 3" it's still a wheelieing S.O.B. in the Steep stuff but it is controllable now. just adds to the fun factor

buy the KMOD conversion with Quick adjust Coupler, it is awesome, Love mine -really controls the boosted 3" it's still a wheelieing S.O.B. in the Steep stuff but it is controllable now. just adds to the fun factor

I was actually meaning to tell him he will need the suspension. I have a OVS wheelie kit in mine for now. Worked pretty good all season.

If you can afford to do some suspension work do the 3", if your going to be running the stock suspension go 2.5". Just my opinion ;)

One negative about the 3"

seems you can't haul azz down the trail like i used to on the 2.25" PC. maybe it's just the added windmill noise. but at about 50 mph the thing is buzzing like crazy. so i never go any faster

Let's see if I got this correctly?

The 3" is a wheelie SOB in the steep even with a good suspension and it's a problem at over 50mph on the trail? ......Sounds like a 2.5 might be an overall more fun track.

I found that in a shorter track(153) situation on my TM8, when I went from a PC to a 2.5 extreme, I was shocked at the huge(better) hook up diff. I don't know what a 3" would do.

I didn't say the 3" is a problem over 50mph

I said it sounds like a big wind mill over 50mph, and since it is moving so much snow and air it makes a lot of noise, and thus I don't drive any faster than that on the trail. I would ride my turbo down the trail at 60 plus when it had the 2.25PC. the down hill braking capability is awesome. it does throw softball size snowballs out behind it though.

Do they even make a 153 3 inch camo? Are you guys just swapping rails and stuffing 156 under 153 tunnel??? Anyone run a powerclaw 2.6 and a 2.5 extreme on the same sled to have a accurate feel for how much difference there is?

my last Turbo was a TM901 with a 153x2.25pc

the thing stood on it's tail when climbing, it was dangerous.

I like the 2.6 claw and the 2.5 xtreme. Not a big fan of the 3 inch track. Makes a stocker want to wheelie much less a turbo sled. Some kind of coupling is almost a must on any turbo sled. The 3 inch would be wicked for those bottomless days, but I don't get to ride those too often so an all around track is better for me.

On my 10' m8 162 build this summer i will be getting a used 3'' and cutting down to 2.75

it will have a 925 bb and rg turbo.

the 3'' on my 1000 is little to grabby but scary fun while climbing

Premium Features

Back