• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what to do

S
Dec 8, 2011
Just spent 1700 dollars on New primary clutch an new pistons an overhead on my 07 summit x.got 40 miles on it an crank bearing went an twisted crank.now they want another 700 for rebilt crank.or credit me 650 from over head an come up with another 1350 for a new short block.what is best idea.any ideas.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I think BIG JOHN on here has trued cranks for less then that. Plus if you send him your motor he will put his touches in it and make it a real runner, probally for close to what your dealer is charging you, and trust me it will run 10 times better if he does it then if your dealer does it. Only say that because IMO the dealer should have checked that stuff before the sled left.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Nobody has a crystal ball. These things happen. If your dealer is willing to install a shortblock for another $1,350 they are taking very good care of you.

Yep, that is a fair deal.
Just make sure it wasn't a lean burndown or something related to the work they did on the top end.
Crank problems are common on '07. Did they measure runout before they did the top end? Did they recommend doing the whole engine when you did the top end?

Premium Features