• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What to do? Track desission

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
So the plan was to keep my 07 m8 one more season then upgrade to a 2011, but the thing has so much money into it and I'm rebuilding it and putting running boards on it this summer it makes me wonder if the 2011 would be that much better. So now I'm wondering if I was to only keep my sled one more season would it be worth it to cough up the money and get a ce 2.5? Or look for a used ce 2.5 or pc 2.6? Who knows I might end up keeping it another season after this coming one but we will see.

Also should of mentioned I have the pc 2.25 right now and can't stand how little breaking power it has and how much it spins on anything that's not deep pow.

I just put a 2.5 CE under my 11 with stock drivers and there is still plenty of clearance.

You can go all the way to a 3" on the drivers you have. If braking is important to you than I would definitely recommend the 2.5" CE, in fact IMO I think the 2.5" or 3" are the only way to go period.

Good to hear about the drivers. I'm convincing myself more and more as I think about it that I want to upgrade tracks. Yes breaking is important to me which is why I'm thinking the CE over PC, and it's cheaper from what I know. What's the best (cheapest) place to buy a track from? I'm in Canada but getting it across the border is no issue for me if needed.

I just put the CE 2.5 under my 08 and stretched it to a 162.. Can't wait for winter to try it now.lol

As for the cheapest--Try Michelle @ Oregon Trail. She is great and has great prices..Thats where I got mine

Cheers

Tracks

no change in drivers for 3". I have one. sweet track but expensive
2.6PC is about $765 shipped thru countrycat on ebay. I bought my x3 for $915, saw a used 2.5 for $650. but it was a 174"

Ill have to contact Michelle and see, what is her snowest name? Also that eBay price you listed isn't to bad at all as far as a new track goes.

I don't think I'd go 3" without a turbo but just wondering how a 3" runs on a stocker if anyone knows?

Also I shouldn't need to touch clutching if I just change to the 2.5 or 2.6 should I?

I have a 3X156 on a stock 2011 M8 and it is awesome. I would never run a PC again. Had it cut to 15" wide last year. It makes the 153 run with the 162 and 163's. Tracks USA did it for me.

no change in drivers for 3". I have one. sweet track but expensive
2.6PC is about $765 shipped thru countrycat on ebay. I bought my x3 for $915, saw a used 2.5 for $650. but it was a 174"

I just looked and that's the price for a pc before shipping. Shipping to lower 48 is another $172. It's actually cheaper to buy a 162 since it has free shipping. Ps.No I'm not going to go up to a 162...

I don't think I'd go 3" without a turbo but just wondering how a 3" runs on a stocker if anyone knows?

Also I shouldn't need to touch clutching if I just change to the 2.5 or 2.6 should I?

I know of a few people with 3" tracks on the XM (probably more common just because it doesn't need to be cut) and they say it's a real big difference.

When you go to a bigger track you'll have more grip, less spin, so you will need to do some minor clutching, probably drop a gram or two. you could just grind that off... no need to really buy anything. I'd consider gearing down as well, as the added grip decreases the need for track speed, and increases the need for bottom end.

FreeAgent is her name on here and FWIW, I think I may have to change some weights on mine with the 162 CE. I was running a 153 stocker and moved to a 162" 2.5 CE.. I will make that call after a couple runs next winter--If so, a dalton adjustable kit will be ordered...

Don't know about Sweden but in southern B.C. the 2.5 CE is awesome. Switched from the Challenger on my M1000 last year. Better floatation in the fluff and WAY better traction everywhere. I've got brakes now to.

I think I will just go with some adjustable weights to get everything dialed come winter. As far as which track I'm leaning towards the CE. Not sure how the 2.6 pc breaks but coming from a 2.25 my mind is set that snowmobiles simply don't have the ability to stop... Which is why the CE Catches my eyes the most. As far as gearing down goes, I'm not to sure how much that will cost since I haven't looked into it but after some running boards, pistons, $1000 of random stuff for the sled, and a new track I might just try to save some money for gas and hotels this winter :D

I started with planning on just re building and buying a tether (thanks BCIL) and things I didn't plan are starting to add up with the money I don't have.

I think I will just go with some adjustable weights to get everything dialed come winter. As far as which track I'm leaning towards the CE. Not sure how the 2.6 pc breaks but coming from a 2.25 my mind is set that snowmobiles simply don't have the ability to stop... Which is why the CE Catches my eyes the most. As far as gearing down goes, I'm not to sure how much that will cost since I haven't looked into it but after some running boards, pistons, $1000+ of random stuff for the sled, and a new track I might just try to save some money for gas and hotels this winter :D

I started with planning on just re building and buying a tether (thanks BCIL) and things I didn't plan are starting to add up with the money I don't have.

the word on the street is the 2.6pc doesn't brake well

like the 2.25, but it gets u on top of the snow really well

desission- spelled d.e.c.i.s.i.o.n. haha
sounds like you should get a 2.5CE

How do you search users on snowest... Wanting to contact Michelle through snowest since I'm in Europe don't really want to call quite that long distance but I can't figure it out.

Premium Features

Back