• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What gun to buy for my scope?

D

Disco Dan Richter

Nov 27, 2007
Me no snow ta
www.grandgarages.com
So I picked up a Quigley-Ford scope certificate at a Elk Banquet, I do not know why, LOL! I already have a long range set up with a Weahterby 338 Lapua and a Huskemaw scope(sweet rig, as accurate as any custom rig). So I was thinking of a 7mm mag or 26 Nosler. For those who have never seen a QF scope, they are set up for your rifle and bullet ballistics. So if you shoot a 300 mag witha 180 grain Nosler partitian, they come set up for that bullet with a reticle for it, up to 1000 yards. They are actually fairly accurate, but I dont know if I would trust a computers numbers over actual shooting. These only come set up with the computer, so I was thinking of around 700 yards max.
Any ideas? I love the Lapua, it is a tack driver and a whacking Mo fo! Just need something smaller for close range, ta know under 1000 yards.

hilpulr

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Corvallis MT
Scope

My brother just bought the same exact scope at the elk banquet here! He is putting it on his 300 weatherby. It just showed up so he hasn't mounted or shot it yet

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
So I picked up a Quigley-Ford scope certificate at a Elk Banquet, I do not know why, LOL! I already have a long range set up with a Weahterby 338 Lapua and a Huskemaw scope(sweet rig, as accurate as any custom rig). So I was thinking of a 7mm mag or 26 Nosler. For those who have never seen a QF scope, they are set up for your rifle and bullet ballistics. So if you shoot a 300 mag witha 180 grain Nosler partitian, they come set up for that bullet with a reticle for it, up to 1000 yards. They are actually fairly accurate, but I dont know if I would trust a computers numbers over actual shooting. These only come set up with the computer, so I was thinking of around 700 yards max.

Any ideas? I love the Lapua, it is a tack driver and a whacking Mo fo! Just need something smaller for close range, ta know under 1000 yards.

Most programs they use are very accurate. It's physics, not a guess. With shooting the variables are huge, with the guy behind the gun being the greatest.

My brother made this phone app, it's the most accurate one I know of....and his bullet database is huge.
http://www.shooterapp.net

As long as the info you feed is correct, it WILL put you on target.

300 win is one of my favorites, very versatile. A lot of bullet options that you can do anything with.

Premium Features