• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what clutch setup

F
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
just wanted to get some opinions on a secondary setup. Whats working in the mountains on the xp's? I'm not a huge hill climber yet, mostly boondocking. I seems to have to run on clicker 4 or five to get 8000rpm on the hill with the stock set up right now, its just geared down.:confused:

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
fountaintirexp

Don't be afraid of the search on this site it is kind of hard to use, but there has been alot of disscusion on this topic in the last 2 weeks. That's the only reason alot of people aren't chimming in. You are going with the best clutch kit for your xp when you buy the rooster built. Good luck and remember have fun this winter:beer;

S
Jan 1, 2005
Cedar Rapids, Ia.
Clutch Kit

Went with the Roost Built kit & changed the top gear. It has worked great, My gripe about the kit was that when I received it, the part #'s numbers were ground off the ramps, and the spring poundage was not listed.
:confused: Springs need to be replaced, green spring in a zip loc bag - whats that?

:beer;Winter Brew - PM me with specs so I can install a fresh spring for this season.
Thanks, Al in Iowa

Last edited:
Premium Features