• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What are the best Ice Scratchers for Axys chassis?

Tewstroke

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2008
Yakima,WA
Buy them when u can.
U will see +20° difference or more on chit ice/snow.
On that same chit ice/snow, u can backup with them down.

I even tried it on better snow and it worked.
Been running them since early 2020.
Now, most of my group has them after constantly seeing the benefit.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Are you referring to Ski doo or Ice Storm?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Yes the ice storm scratchers throw way more snow than anything else on the market, they just work.

I did bend mine in reverse… treat them like regular scratchers and put them up if you’re gonna back up.

T
Apr 14, 2014
The Ice storm scratchers throw more spray then any other scratcher out there but you can’t reliably back up with them down. The amount of spray they throw is impressive though they will hands down keep a sled cooler then any other scratcher out there. If you haven’t seen them in action and really need max cooling you should take a look at them before dropping coin on anything else.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I put the Ice Storms on mine before I rode it, the stockers get stashed in the trailer as a spare set.

Make sure you have a way to remove the broken section if you happen to make a 2-piece scratcher on the trail though.

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
I have had great luck with these Ibexx Ice Scratchers. The hangars are Skidoo. Extremely heavy duty and reverse friendly. I cant imagine breaking one of these. Polaris/Stay Cool style break often.

ibex 1.jpg
ibex 2.jpg

Last edited:

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
I just broke my fourth Ibexx scratcher this season.

Stored down during off season.

For what it’s worth it’s always my sled. I robbed family meadow muffin sleds each time I break one then put the replacement on theirs as I ride quite a bit more often. I used to ride half the day with scratcher down. Usually put it up at first stuck or stop to eat. now I put them up as soon as I get off trail. Maybe I break them off trail…

Do I keep running them and consider them a wear item or look at doo or the new poo scratchers?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
A real solid long lasting scratcher that is similar to the oem design are the Sta Cool scratchers, they last 100 times longer than factory and have an extra coil for more down pressure and they won't break the bank account.

Premium Features