• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What’s Next?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Well 2021 starts tomorrow... we will see the 2022 sleds sometime in the next few months. Whats everyone think we will see NEW in the mountain segment?

My thoughts- by the end of January Polaris will release and have on the snow (demos like the 2011 Pro RMK, not available for purchase until snowcheck) a 2022 Matryx RMK, 850 Turbo. An early look would be good, as Ski Doo is in the spotlight right now with their 850T.

I think the new sled will have the same bodywork as the trail sled. Raised ride height through taller spindles and dropped skid/drive shaft. New skid and better approach angle for getting up on the snow. Larger diameter drivers. New 3” track option. Short tunnel. Different seat/tank than the trail sled.

Turbo will continue to add boost past 8000’, maintaining 180hp all the way to 14000’.

420lbs dry.

Take my money!

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
My best guesses: We'll see a 650 Pro-RMK, but it'll be exactly the same thing as the basic Pro 850 (ie, no weight advantage) with 40 less hp. I'm still a little disappointed Poo just de-bored the 850 rather than building something from the ground up. Bringing the refinements down from the 850 is nice, but I fear the Doo 600 will keep up with it while being more efficient and refined – I'm guessing, given the size of the market, that the 650 was the accountants choice. The top body panels will be copied from the Matryx, but there'll be some tweaks to the belly. Some or all of the "cockpit" and seat will be carried over, but running boards will be different (hopefully all-new). The new headlight will come over along with the 7s display, but the latter will not be on the basic models. I'm not convinced the turbo will be here yet – if it does come, they've done a good job of keeping it under wraps. That said, I'm sure they're working hard on it, and it's just a matter of time.

If the turbo comes, it may be the only compelling reason to step up from a '21 model. The new tracks and QD2 seem to me like a bigger deal than anything I'm seeing coming with the Matryx chassis. If anything, weight has gone the wrong direction there, and there's not much that's changed in the basic chassis. It does have good reviews, but the accolades mostly center around trail manners and ergonomics. So, aside from a turbo, I don't expect anything revolutionary over the AXYS. That said, a Poo 850T would be a beast, especially if they can avoid any weight gain beyond the turbo components. Beating the '21 Doo on power will be a piece of cake, but then I think we all know the '22 Doo turbo will have more than 165 HP...

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
Just say NO to more moving parts.. supercharger or turbo

More to pay for,
more to break,
more to service,
more complication..

buy a a skidoo if you want all that.

You can make the same HP by simply dropping in a bigger engine. Same 840 base design. bigger bore and stroke.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I don't think the matrix plastic is that conducive to boost but maybe it fits. I would take the supercharger like mentioned above. Don't have to follow doo. Also wish they would put a narrow tank like skinz. Put one on my wife's sled and it is awesome.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
The Promised Land……..
I don't think the matrix plastic is that conducive to boost but maybe it fits. I would take the supercharger like mentioned above. Don't have to follow doo. Also wish they would put a narrow tank like skinz. Put one on my wife's sled and it is awesome.
The matryx tank area is narrow........

I’m interested in factory boost.

nothing else really ups the ante.........

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I would like to see regional stats on Mtn sled sales. Many have no use for a turbo due to elevation. Lots of rmk and summits sold at 3000ft to sea level. Doo needed a new chassis more than a turbo. For my khaos a slimmer gas tank would be nice, other than that its perfect!

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Polaris already has a patent application out for the tunnel dump, so it's going to happen.

A bigger bore is no where comparable to boost, sorry.

A supercharger would be very unlikely, due to changes in elevation. You'd probably need some sort of dynamic gear shifting for the masses, but that sounds expensive and heavy.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
New cooling system to go with a short tunnel Matryx RMK. How about a limited build OEM lightweight RMK, with or without T, for more $$$ and less warranty?

Turbo has to happen. Doo killed it this spring with the T850, order-wise, both doo owners upgrading and brand changers, sucking much of the air out of social media marketing for the other guys. Watch for Doo to intro a "new" Summit chassis for 2022. They know Poo has to jump in the factory 2S T market, and will look to divert attention from it.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
The Promised Land……..
I would like to see regional stats on Mtn sled sales. Many have no use for a turbo due to elevation. Lots of rmk and summits sold at 3000ft to sea level. Doo needed a new chassis more than a turbo. For my khaos a slimmer gas tank would be nice, other than that its perfect!
Lots of doo turbos selling like hot cakes at sea level.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I agree, lots of aftermarket turbo sleds and 3 factory turbo doo in my group at 0-4000' .

Premium Features