• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WE should be able to donate our children to science sometimes

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I have mine for sale for years now with no luck. Kid that is, I've even tried thowing the sled in too, but no one will bite. Maybe we can have a two for one sale!

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
let's see.....your kid is your kid....you know in your heart you were trying to give him a better sled, but his identity as being an individual rested with him having a sled that was uniquely his, even if it wasn't as good as a new one....like someone posted, you should have included him in the decision making process so that he appreciated where you were coming from, and maybe you would have learned how much the old sled meant to him....i know that several people have posted that the kid is ungrateful, and that may be so, but he isn't mature enough yet to have had the life experiences that would make him appreciate it....every family has financial situations that are different from everyone elses', and what may seem like excess to some, is entirely within the norm for another....if we were all perfect parents, he would have learned by now to appreciate what you were intending for him, and if (and i don't mean this in a bad way) you, as a parent, had understood why the old sled meant so much, it would have turned out better....i made the same mistake with my youngest son who was about 16 or 17 at the time, it took the enthusiasm out of sledding for him for a while, but he eventually accepted the situation....i learned another of lifes' lessons, and i know he did also....he's now in medical school, and i told him that after he graduates, he owes me a black and silver one.... his eyes widened and asked, "a black and silver what?".....i said it doesn't matter, i haven't decided yet, but not to worry as it's just another number on the check

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Well put Slyrydr! Alot of folks think my boy is spoiled rotten. He may have alot of valuable possesions, but that does not make him spoiled. Most of the time he is verry geat grateful for what he has and what he is allowed to do. It is those times that he ACTS like a spoiled brat that I want to sell him to the first troop of gypsies the happen by and let him earn his own toys! They must learn to appreciate what they have and that one day they will have to earn it on their own. My boy is 17 and is quick learning that they hard way. He has always had motorized toys summer and winter since he could walk. He races motocross...but with his 1st car came his first job. He must pay his own insurance, gas and bs money...all while keeping acceptable grades! I love it when in the summer I ask him to do a household chore and he says,"I'm tired, I just got home from work". I ask him how many hours he worked today? He says 7 hrs. I reply I worked 9 today and mom worked 12...guess who mows the lawn? Better yet is when we are prepping HIS race bike for the weekend and he starts with that. I is always short lived. He is growing up. Yes he rides nice sleds,bikes and wheelers. That does not have to mean they are spoiled. Some are for sure, but don't be quick to label.

J
Apr 11, 2008
North Bend , WA
:beer;Well put!! +1000
let's see.....your kid is your kid....you know in your heart you were trying to give him a better sled, but his identity as being an individual rested with him having a sled that was uniquely his, even if it wasn't as good as a new one....like someone posted, you should have included him in the decision making process so that he appreciated where you were coming from, and maybe you would have learned how much the old sled meant to him....i know that several people have posted that the kid is ungrateful, and that may be so, but he isn't mature enough yet to have had the life experiences that would make him appreciate it....every family has financial situations that are different from everyone elses', and what may seem like excess to some, is entirely within the norm for another....if we were all perfect parents, he would have learned by now to appreciate what you were intending for him, and if (and i don't mean this in a bad way) you, as a parent, had understood why the old sled meant so much, it would have turned out better....i made the same mistake with my youngest son who was about 16 or 17 at the time, it took the enthusiasm out of sledding for him for a while, but he eventually accepted the situation....i learned another of lifes' lessons, and i know he did also....he's now in medical school, and i told him that after he graduates, he owes me a black and silver one.... his eyes widened and asked, "a black and silver what?".....i said it doesn't matter, i haven't decided yet, but not to worry as it's just another number on the check

Yeah your kid needs to get a brain i think. I have to ride this crappy gutless rmk 550 fan 136 while all my friends rip past me with 600 + sleds. Can i come live at your house
? Anyway as soon as i start my Outdoor Power Equiptment Technology course i'll have a new sled and maybe even a new quad to go with it. as long as you have kids riding snowmobiles thay are going to need to be fixed every 2 days.

P.S i smoked a tree on my RMK this winter hahaha
LOVE THE DOO!!!

D
Feb 27, 2008
could be worse he could hate being with you and hate doing anything with you you should feel great about your relationship with your boy and understand that eventually he will understand what and when you did them its not the money here it's the memories you will create good and bad!! bottom line. HE'S A KID!!! he will learn as long as you are there to teach him i guarantee he will love the sled when he rides it!! HANG IN THERE!!! nobody said it was going to be easy!! ENJOY!!!!

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
I was raised Moto-Ski & Doo.

I myself bought a couple Doos, did my thing with them, made them my own.

Now I'm sorta confused myself after buying a Yamaha! :P

I think the most upset I ever was, was when I had to let the ole Sonic go for the Citation.

I

Irideyamaha

Nov 13, 2008
Well I'm 16, and i started out on a 1973 polaris colt with a 295 in it. That was the starting of building mod sleds with my dad. we changed the top end over to a 340 and rode it for a season. Then he bought me a 570 yamaha with a ****load of work done to it and now we're going to start building a mod 700 thats been sitting in the garage since i was 2. The whole time i've been helping him build a 220hp cat that i'm going to have to strive to highmark. riding an old sled, or a different sled than you'd like, shouldn't take any spirit out of sledding. I mean the whole time i've like cat and i'm only getting my first one started. Maybe not even this year.

Premium Features