• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
Attention all Sledders – Ready to lose 1/3 of your backcountry riding area?

Take 5 minutes right now, so you can ride for 30 years!

YOUR backcountry riding is going to be affected by s^!t happening in OUR backyard. Our local Lassen National Forest (LNF) was chosen to be first in the NAITON to make new rules for Over-the-Snow Vehicle travel (OSV). All the other western Forests are waiting to see how this one turns out before they do adjust their Travel Management Plan for OSV and make new rules.

Our LNF originally chose “Alternative #4”, with options of 1-5. 4 isn’t bad now considered what is on table for option #5 – Option #4 there isn’t too much in regards to cross-country restrictions other than 12” of snow depth required to travel. The Snowlands Network has sued LNF (google “Lassen Snowlands Lawsuit” and crap your pants), a federal judge ruled in favor of Snowland, and now LNF had to re-open this optic and make adjust to Alternative - #5. So now LNF is going to chose between what we have now – Alt. #4 and a much worse case Alt. #5

Alt#5: essentially removes 1/3 of LNF legal riding acreage and makes it ILLEGAL in the Sierras, to travel the PCT corridor within 500 ft on either side of the PCT. Don’t ask how they find it, mark it, enforce it, but they proposed it anyway. LNF is currently holding a comment period. Please, PLEASE… – hit “New Message” right now to EMAIL the Lassen National Forest Supervisor directly. You like big winter snow dumps? We need an EMAIL dump in his Inbox. You like riding EPIC POW days – send the LNF and POW, leave our Forest riding areas alone!!! If you don’t do anything now, when this gets to YOUR forest, the precedent will have been set. Whether you ride the Rockies, the Cascades, the Wasatch, or the Sierras, WHAT HAPPENS HERE NOW, IS COMING TO YOU SOON. You have to fight it here and now, and not wait. We only have about 2 weeks left to complain.

HERE’S HOW TO COMMENT - - - THIS IS REALLY EASY - - -

Email comments to:
comments-pacificsouthwest-lassen@fs.fed.us

Title of email: Comments on Lassen OSV Designation

Body of email: (Something to he effect of)
"We oppose any changes to the currently Lassen National Forest OSV management plan” We are users of the Forest in a manner which utilizes OSV travel and oppose any such change that would dis-allow us to do this. We support Alternative #4.

Please keep the language CLEAN and professional in a manner in which you would prefer to be spoken to. Remember it’s not what you say, or how much, but how you convey your displeasure with the current action underway by the opposition. Even if all you say is, “I ride snowmobiles in the backcountry and I support Alternative #4,” that counts as much as anybody else’s.

or to comment directly to the Lassen National Forest WEBSITE - - -

Lassen County Direct Link

If anyone needs more info has any other questions – feel free to reach out

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
Out of the 88 people that have read this I know that only one person submitted anything on the Forest service page itself. Not sure about direct emails. I just read the comment section on the Forest Service page. That's kind of sad. California is always the stepping stone for the rest of the country weather its right or not. We need to get on top of this issue before it spreads like wildfire. It takes less than 5 min and is not very hard.

jetjunki

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2012
What happens in California comes to Oregon very quickly. It always amazes me how a few dedicated people on the other side seems to create change effortlessly. Comment posted and I hope it helps our brothers and sisters to the south

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
Thank you everyone who has wrote a letter. We still need more people to do so. We are on a time restraint at this point.

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
I sent Email and comment to site link

Forest Service HomeAbout the AgencyContact the National Office

Lassen National Forest Over-Snow Vehicle(OSV) Use Designation #45832Thank you for Your Comment.

Your comment has been received by our system on 11/10/2017
Your letter ID is*45832-2191-173. Please save or print this page for your records.

Premium Features