• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vote for Mitt Romney

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
It cracks me up that when ever Mitt's name comes up for president all people can talk about is the fact that he is a Mormon. Then a Muslim gets put into office!:eek:

I think he would do a great job. The conservatives need to get together like the liberals have.

Ted Nugent for president........................Hmmmm...............................
...................................................................................................

Yea that would be awesome! the guy is not afraid to tell it like it is!

B

BigJake

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jul 23, 2009
It cracks me up that when ever Mitt's name comes up for president all people can talk about is the fact that he is a Mormon. Then a Muslim gets put into office!:eek:

I think he would do a great job. The conservatives need to get together like the liberals have.

Ted Nugent for president........................Hmmmm...............................
...................................................................................................

The Mormon church has a long way to go to get rid of the stigma that is attached to the religion.

I am not saying that it is right by any means, but Romney has some big hurdles to cross because of his chosen religion and chosen party affiliaton. I personally think it is bs because he is a republican. Obama and his pastor Rev. Wright are so radical and hateful, but since he is a dem the media looked the other way. I guess those are examples why I really don't care for organized religion of any kind.

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
The Mormon church has a long way to go to get rid of the stigma that is attached to the religion.

I am not saying that it is right by any means, but Romney has some big hurdles to cross because of his chosen religion and chosen party affiliaton. I personally think it is bs because he is a republican. Obama and his pastor Rev. Wright are so radical and hateful, but since he is a dem the media looked the other way. I guess those are examples why I really don't care for organized religion of any kind.

I agree. I don't care for organized religion also.

I have lived in the south with the Baptist, and the east with the Catholics, and in the west with the Mormons. They are all the same. If they have numbers they try to control the area. The Dems looked passed the religious aspect but the republicans can't that's why Obomanation is in office.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
I think Mike Huckabee would do well. I just wished people would have given him a chance during the primaries. I think people are right about McCain, he's a patriot but he tries to hard to stay on the fence. Just need someone to stick to their small government conservative principles.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I would NEVER vote for Romney! To far to the right! Who then You ask? How about just plain NO! All thats going to happen is a knee jerk in the other direction no matter which potential canidate is elected . I personally find it hilarious that people think any of the canidates mentioned prior could or would make a difference. The system is broken from the bottom up starting with the majority of voters in this contry. Untril that is fixed elect who ever you like it won't make two bits of real difference

M

MPS

Exactly....it angers me that his religion comes up...flat out discrimination IMO.

I would NEVER vote for Romney! To far to the right! Who then You ask? How about just plain NO! All thats going to happen is a knee jerk in the other direction no matter which potential canidate is elected . I personally find it hilarious that people think any of the canidates mentioned prior could or would make a difference. The system is broken from the bottom up starting with the majority of voters in this contry. Untril that is fixed elect who ever you like it won't make two bits of real difference

Too far to the right? Wow...I don't think he is far enough to the right. LOL Like I said he did health care reform in his state...that is definitely not far right to me. That was a libby action.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado

Term Limits.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Term Limits.

That would be a great help ! Romney is just another career politician that has made promises ,promises ,promises to get where he is at. He is more of the same its just that he is closer to what the majority on this site consider the mainstream than Obama is.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Too far to the right? Wow...I don't think he is far enough to the right. LOL Like I said he did health care reform in his state...that is definitely not far right to me. That was a libby action.

Health care reform is common sense IMO. Socialized health care is a libby thing. BIG Difference ! I am all in favor of health care reform. I think most americans are. Aren't you? Talk to small business people like me about it. I think we are considered conservatives for the most part and I assure you we are in favor.

BTW Its not a Mormon thing for me but a religious thing in general.

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
If Ted Nugent would run I would vote for him, he's crazy, and loves guns and hunting. Now we need to get him on a mountain sled so he can find another passion!!

M

MPS

Health care reform is common sense IMO. Socialized health care is a libby thing. BIG Difference ! I am all in favor of health care reform. I think most americans are. Aren't you? Talk to small business people like me about it. I think we are considered conservatives for the most part and I assure you we are in favor.

BTW Its not a Mormon thing for me but a religious thing in general.

Reform....sure....government get the **** out of health care period!!!! That will fix the problem.

I don't have a problem with someone belonging to a certain religion, but if you bring it up in your politics and push it on others...yes, then I have a problem. Like the ****ing Muslim dinner they just had.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
If Ted Nugent would run I would vote for him, he's crazy, and loves guns and hunting. Now we need to get him on a mountain sled so he can find another passion!!

If He did I would vote again! To bad he has to much intergrity to be a serious politician. The liberal media would have a feild day with Ted.

Reform....sure....government get the **** out of health care period!!!! That will fix the problem.

Yep! Goverment involvment will only make it worse!

I don't have a problem with someone belonging to a certain religion, but if you bring it up in your politics and push it on others...yes, then I have a problem. Like the ****ing Muslim dinner they just had.

I agree I personally think it should be illegal to even mention religion in the political arena in any way shape or form! Period! To me religous freedom means do whatever you like but keep it to yourself.IMO "In god we trust" discrimintes against non believers and other religons .

E
Nov 26, 2007
Covington, WA
If He did I would vote again! To bad he has to much intergrity to be a serious politician. The liberal media would have a feild day with Ted.

I agree I personally think it should be illegal to even mention religion in the political arena in any way shape or form! Period! To me religous freedom means do whatever you like but keep it to yourself.IMO "In god we trust" discrimintes against non believers and other religons .

I'm with you, skinner and MPS. Keep our religion to your self, I don't want to hear it and I don't care what it is as long as your not an extremist! This would be my problem with Huckabee although I love his push for the "fairtax".

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Term Limits.

That will never be the solution.... All it does is make outside influence more important..

The problem, as always, is us. We have a short memory and are easily distracted... Everyone knows it, even we do to, but it doesn't seem to matter, nor have an effect.

Eventually, we will look inside and find the solutions, but until then, it will always be a blame game, a divisive game, a money game....

Complete govt control is not the answer, nor is no govt control... They are both equally bad, IMO

Last edited:
P

powderules

That would be a great help ! Romney is just another career politician that has made promises ,promises ,promises to get where he is at. He is more of the same its just that he is closer to what the majority on this site consider the mainstream than Obama is.

Romney is a career politician? What a crock. He was a business man for most of his adult life. I don't think Romney would be perfect, but he was the best of any of the candidates in the '08 race. I'm not so sure we would have liked his "tough love" on the economy. He did seem to deliver on his promises as MA Gov.

G

Grizzly Adams

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 2, 2009
My best prof from university said "Only a suicidal politician would mix religion and politics, No matter what your stance, you are alienating a minimum of 50% of the electorate"!
The only exception I can come up with is the muslim religion! Alienation of 95% of the electorate. IMO!

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
That will never be the solution.... All it does is make outside influence more important..

The problem, as always, is us. We have a short memory and are easily distracted... Everyone knows it, even we do to, but it doesn't seem to matter, nor have an effect.

Eventually, we will look inside and find the solutions, but until then, it will always be a blame game, a divisive game, a money game....

Complete govt control is not the answer, nor is no govt control... They are both equally bad, IMO

I agree to a point but term limits would help without a doubt we we would be free of people like Ted Kennedy and the like . That cant be bad! On the other hand Obama is a perfect exapmle of what we get when the ignorant vote for a canidate we know to little about. the simple answer is there are no simple answers. I dont understand why people cant see this ! History shows us the path ahead .It will be painful!

Romney is a career politician? What a crock.

Ok maybe to much of a generalization but you don't get to be in his position in mainstream politics without being at least a bit of a typical politician! doesn't really matter anyway he will never get that far.I mean come on he's white.:D

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
For a good laugh look at Ted Nugents interviews he has with the liberals on You Tube, I believe you just type his name and it comes up. Grab a beer and don't face your computer when you drink because you will spew it all over your screen laughing so hard at what he has to say to liberals:D

Great, Great, Great man that Ted Nugent is

S
Nov 26, 2007
Everett, Wa.
Bingo ollie, we don't need another rino republican candidate, polls continue to show the american people middle right, even demos. Reagan won because he would not compromise on his conservative principals and took his message to the average citizen, a process the republicans have ignored since his retirement. With the current list of hopefuls There are only 3 I believe have the integrity and fortitude to actually present true constitutional principals and those are Palin, Jindal and Ron Paul, Ron being the most experienced at the national level. Romny , Macain and the rest of the clowns are nothing more than players in the good ol boy washington crowd who always claim to be fiscal conservatives but social liberals. There is no substitute for constitutional principals no matter what the republicrats try to make you believe, you will know them by their fruits not by their words. Swampy:eek::beer;

We need a no holds barred conservative to drag this country back towards the center a little. We have swung SO far left we are about to fall over.

Stuck

Premium Member
Feb 4, 2002
Bridger, MT
X2

He is a moderate...he isn't a real conservative. Have you looked at his voting record Stuck? He has to please both sides....he can't take a stand. He calls out Joe Wilson for calling Obama a liar...said it was extremely unprofessional, etc. GFYU McCain...at least someone can get off the damn fence, unlike you!

Unlike me, or unlike McCain, who can get off the fence?

As far as him saying what he said a bout Joe Wilson is what i would expect from McCain. He respects the position of president. Doesn't mean he was defending the words of the president. I have looked at McCain's voting record some, can't say that I have looked at it enough to speak about it.

I agree that he will probably not be running for president again though. I guess even if he did run, I would have to see who is on the ballot in 2012 before I could say who i am going to vote for. But I will cast my stone where it will do the most damage.

I doubt that we will see Ron Paul or some one similar get voted into the O office, granted 2012 would be the best shot that he or the like would get at being president.

As far as Romney goes, he will not get my vote. Like you said about health care reform in his state, and his stance on abortion push him too far to the left for my liking.

Premium Features