• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Very Happy with my Build !!!

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
I must say, I am very happy with my 09 xp rebirth of aftermarket parts that actually work !!!!!

Its because of forums like this and the members that participate in conversation and give honest reviews of products and experiences...good or bad...and post pics and vids for DIY projects....that guys like me can come on here, take in the knowledge, do some research....spend a few bucks and be extremely happy with the outcome.

My turbo experience was a bust....but this build is awesome. If you have a stock 09 and you want it too handle better, there are 3 things, IMO from experience, that must be updated: the fornt end, track and steering post.

1-s36 is a must.....it is the first mod I would do, if I did it again...sidehills way easier and can hold longer lines....way less arm fatigue at the end of the day....its a massive improvement. I also added the D2 skis.

2-C3 post forward kit....couple this with the s36 and you wont believe the difference...lighter steering and shorter travel on the bars...nite and day...you will wonder why you didnt do it sooner !!

3-lose the stock track....doesnt matter what you replace it with, it will be better than the stock one.

Yesterday was my first day riding with the post forward kit. It took a little getting used to but after a few lines it was apparent to me that this was a good investment and my build was now complete !!! Had way more energy throughout the day and the sled was way more fun to ride...of course a big part of that is Trygstads awesome 872R BB....but even with a stock engine these three things will make you smile.

All the vendors I dealt with were a pleasure to talk to and I would buy from any of them again.

Trygstad
Timbersled
Avid
C3 Powersports
xxx mod rods
Smittys Speed Works (I think)
Skinz air frame running boards

The other mods in my signature were done by choice and work very well together as a package.

Biggest shout out to my buddy TUKERNATER for introducing me to Dave Trygstad...his 872R is the heartbeat that makes this sled soooo much fun !!

Big shout out to Tudizzle for that awesome DIY vid for installing the air frame running boards.

Big shout out to Robbie at Avid for the endless conversations about 7T drivers and 3" tracks.....really glad I listened to you !!!

Huge shout out to motoxracer for the awesome deal on the s36 front end...Thanks man !!!!!!!!

Timbersled products speak for themselves...never second guessed that decision !!! Looking forward to that articulating front arm you are working on.

Thanks to DJ.

Thanks to anyone else that I talked to, PM'ed or posted on a thread that I read or gave money to for parts...lol !!!

The only thing left to get is a CLEAR FUEL TANK....got one?

I am one very happy snowester and I will ride this 09 xm...lol...until doo builds a factory turbo !!!!!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
D2 skis...dont know if thats the xm skis or not and I am using the stock 09 spindles. Dont see any reason to upgrade those.
Hey glad you stopped in had a blast watching your videos.I will say I have never seen or heard anyone hold a sled WIDE OPEN for so long. You my friend are a true test on daves engines nice pulls.

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
I have to edit and load them onto youtube...real pain in the a$$...there has to be s simpler way !!!

I think premium members should be able to upload directly onto snowest without all these youtube hassles...Christopher....make it so...please !!!

Premium Features