• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Updated turbo build pics

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Not a Turbo Build... but an update on my girl ;)
Tim did an AWESOME job on the paint!!

Waiting on Billet wheels and she will be good to go :D

Now dont forget to tighten your Y pipe bolts, lol. Looks real gooood though, i likey

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
The exhaust and charge piping is all fabbed now, mounted up my fuel pump and regulator and did a couple other little things to. Heading back over to the shop tonight to support the turbo from the underside, looks like the exhaust is going to have to exit out the bellypan on the side :) :) it's gonna be loud...Oh and I am finally going over to oil injection, got the RR tank mocked up too..

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0130-1.jpg

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Lookin good iqrider, got to love a guy that does it right the FIRST time!

I am definitely doing it right once instead of half *** twice. It's gonna be crazy but honestly a guy could build a 1200WC project for about the same or a little less. But that guy wouldnt have boost I guess :) I just didn't expect it to cost this much, but all brand new parts and no shortcuts will hopefully yeild me some decent reliability. We'll see I guess.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
LOL It's funny about those cost over runs!!! Sure, there are guys out riding this weekend, but I'm waiting for all the damage reports to come in tommorrow night! I believe the 1200wc motor would be way more reliable in the long run and not alot heavier once you add all the weights of all the turbo parts. They make very different power though for sure. It's all in what you want and certainly the current craze is turbo. Hope it rips and stays together for you when it's done. Can't wait to see it run. You have lots of powder days ahead when it's done.

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
Chad... your an animal... ur sled is coming along nice!

Jen... your an animal too! I like the paint.

Hope this finds u all doing well.

Here's your sled:

hehehe ~ thought we would upgrade your seat

DSC03656-1.jpg

then decided to just chop it into pieces (taking out a little frustration)

DSC03676.jpg

we were going to surrender (waive the white flag) but decided to burn it instead :D :D

DSC03671.jpg

are ya worried yet????

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
Holy HELL!

Here's your sled:

hehehe ~ thought we would upgrade your seat

then decided to just chop it into pieces (taking out a little frustration)

we were going to surrender (waive the white flag) but decided to burn it instead :D :D

are ya worried yet????

Guess i should've purchased you two a case not a bottle.

Its pretty sad when you have to get a little drunk to look at a sled before you work on it. Its sad and true, actually kinda depressing since its my sled. I had no idea how bad i neglected that thing until i looked at your sled. You two are the best... :)

Oct 21, 2008
wasilla
turbo guy?

DID U GET THAT single pipe from slp?? i was looking at buying one for my RR. about 600 dollars coated?? how did u get it so early. they told me beginning of november.. p ville?? lets go ridin
schred the gnar-RB

Premium Features