• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Updated turbo build pics

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Figured I'd just start a new thread since the old one got cluttered..got the new bottom end mated to the 660 kit and mocked up the airbox, installed the plate holding my fuel solenoid, boost switch, and it will hold my regulator and pump also. I will be getting the exhaust mated to the turbo tonight and I will upload some more pics..

iphone050.jpg

iphone051.jpg

iphone055.jpg

Also here are a few random pics from the Formula Drift racing finals this past weekend at Irwindale speedway in CA..check out that challenger it has a stroker 7.0 with a blower pushing 18 psi!!

101_1288.jpg

101_1289.jpg

101_1280.jpg

101_1285.jpg

101_1248.jpg

B
Nov 26, 2007
I think that shiny thing in the 3rd pic is a nice shiny air sucker hehe.

I sure hope you ATLEAST took the brunette home :heart:

ahha what a azz hat. I wanted it to be a suprise for the next time I went riding with you guys. Bov's are so dam addicting to hear. Cant wait till my sled is fixed up.:mad: Enjoy the snow boys. I herd it melting:D

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
Chad... when are you going to make that thing look like a sled again? i might have to buy a mod again so ur not the only one out there with a good sled.:D

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
Keep us informed on how the 660 runs with the turbo.. Everything I have heard is that they dont run well turboed because of the porting.. This might be the way to go rather than having to sell the 600 and build an 800.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Haha, I didnt that THAT brunette home!

I think the 660 is going to run fine with the kit, you guys down in the states are at high elevation where this porting isn't so conducive to your altitude. It's going to rip just fine :)

Couple more pics, got the exhaust mocked up, dynoport pipe should be here tomorrow the RR pipe in the vid was just a jig basically..

iphone057.jpg

iphone058.jpg

iphone059.jpg

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Haha yeah the jimmy up booth...my head is blocking it but they support hard driving and safe sex, haha I like those guys! And Jen you I am baking a huge batch of humble pies for you, I'll throw them in my hotdogger every time we ride together thisseason so you have something to mubnch on while being buried in my roost! Hahaha

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
Haha yeah the jimmy up booth...my head is blocking it but they support hard driving and safe sex, haha I like those guys! And Jen you I am baking a huge batch of humble pies for you, I'll throw them in my hotdogger every time we ride together thisseason so you have something to mubnch on while being buried in my roost! Hahaha

HAHA ~ I'll bring the camera for that!!!

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Dang man, thats a clean cuttin job you got there on that pipe. LMAO!!! Looks like a pro did it.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Yeah I am a pro for sure, thanks drew! haha good thing I didn't let you do any of the cuts :) :)

I got the dynoport today looks like we got a lil more cutting to do, haha

B
Nov 26, 2007
haha agreed.

Chad your build looks like its comming along quite nice. Mine is Underway with some new stuff.

Got a question for you folks.

I talked with the insurance guy today and told them about my tunell being bent in. he said they would have to drill out all 250 rivets to fix it and labor would be 3000. Just for the tunell. 750 for the Hood, my motor mounts bent also // and the act drive is messed up.

What he said is if the cost of the repair was 80% or more of the total value of the sled. I got it at 8800 from earp it would be considered a total loss. They offered me a sled in the same price range. Right now Paul has a 2007 m8 162 for sale and its looking like I might be cresting that 80% mark. so what do you people think. Keep with the lightweight 7? or get the m8. Id be taking my powder pros boss seat and bdx intake with me if i do. my dad says get the m8 if it really turns out nasty. They are still finding broken stuff.........

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
That is a no brainer! Buy the m8, AND buy back your m7 after they total it. You should get 1st shot at buying the "salvage" and then part what is still good off of it! I would think you would come out of it smelling pretty good that way and have a new sled to boot. Good luck and at this point I think I'd start praying that they find enough damage to put you over the top, or it's gonna be a long wait to get that back up again and will probably never be the same again anyway.

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
Hijackin' the thread for a sec

Not a Turbo Build... but an update on my girl ;)
Tim did an AWESOME job on the paint!!

Waiting on Billet wheels and she will be good to go :D

HAHAHA ~ before:
This is from Jan 2005
252000121.jpg

So far:

DSC03613.jpg

DSC03618.jpg

DSC03629.jpg

Last edited:
I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Thanks for the compliments guys. Got the dynoport pipe in..its looking good.

Lookin gooood jen I like that color. My plastics are still at the shop, the actual name of the color is "Oh so sexy red" haha it is a dark candy apple color.

Premium Features