• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turning a Khaos Matryx into an RMK Matryx

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Wanted a 155 turbo but I’m not sure I would like a khaos so my plan is to put FOX Burandt coil spring non khaos qs3 shocks in the skid with the shorter limiter strap but not change the rails. Will this work?
what if I leave everything as is and only install the short limiter strap? Or only change out the limiter strap and front track shock?
I don’t want to spend time trying all these different combinations on the snow next year so I was wondering if anyone has tried any of this and what there thoughts were.

B
Jan 30, 2010
Northern BC
I'm in the same boat. Wanted the RMK 155 and a turbo, not the khaos. I ordered the khaos 155 turbo for next year and will do what I did on my current khaos. Shorten the limiter strap by drilling a new hole. Then tune the suspension as much as I can to take the wheelie out, but still try to keep the performance of the suspension.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
You should just be able to put the pro limit strap on it. Ice age has an agustable limit strap as well

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I bet by backing off the FTS settings, snugging up the front ski shocks a little, and the shorter/adjustable limiter strap...you could find a happy medium for very little $$

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
I would pull the skid and swap it for an rmk skid. Should find someone wanting to do the swap and pay you some $ also. Lots of people looking for khoas rear.

Premium Features