• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Muffler & Snorkel Intake

Had straight pipe on my sled, was too loud and didn't sound right. I see some nice fancy ones on the cutler and push kits. I was wondering what you guys use? Any sounds clips? I like the sound of the turbo being in there so i dont want it to be silent.

Also, for the intake on the sled, my turbo is mounted vertically in the muffler compartment, so it sucks air from above and not from the side, i was wanting to snorkel the intake to the front of the hood. My sled is a firecat, so it already has the hood beak hole for my intake. I want to have mine set up like this. What do you guys use for a rigid snorkel tube that it wont collapse when the turbo spools up?

attachment.php

Last edited:
It depends on type of riding you do. That snorkel on center of hood that low would never work for me. I put a snorkel straight up off turbo just to the right of headlight. The first time it worked great (firm base like in your picture)then second ride was in the mountains with over the windshield powder and it plugged instantly. I went back to trailer installed a longer tube so the bottom of the filter is about 8" above the hood no more plugging and it unbelievable how it changed my sled from breathing the under hood air.

What's the deal with twisted these days, his site is down. Is he still answering phones?

I want to try to use one of those for a cpc setup. I bet I could get it to reach with a little extra plumbing to go over the pipe outlet.

No headlights no gauges??

I have a Cyclops helmet light.
Way brighter then stock headlights.
I have a gauge cluster to install on a Wildchild gauge bracket.
I have ran it last season though without gauge.

Brighter?? Really?

Can you retain the headlights and gauge with the intake??

Yes you can.
You use the stock intakes and add the vents around the speedo.
I wanted to make sure that I am going to get cold air no matter what.
I don't want any of them getting plugged up with snow.
I have 2 of these sleds and both are exactly the same so I am using the same settings on my Boost It box on both.
You should check out the Cyclops HID helmet light....way brighter then the stock lights and I have light where ever I look.

Premium Features

Back