• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo clutch weight loading (tip/heel)

S

Snopro_69

Got 12 PC 8 running a cpc stage 2. Mostly 10 PSI at 4-8k elevation. For his clutch weights with the adjustable set screw weights. What's the benefit of loading in the tip or heel for a turbo. I've always jus loaded up the heel because can do it with out removing weight. But would a turbo benefit from getting a lil more weight in the tip?? Thanks for the info!

especially with way more power i would load the tip or keep the tip heavy. pull way harder with much more squeeze on the belt. heel weight wont pull as hard but it will backshift much faster. just like on my m1... tip weight would pull hard. this new 800 i find i keep most of the weight from the middle to the heel of the weight. but then again if you load the tip more you may have to use less total weight but it should pull much harder with extra weight swinging on the end.

clutching

Do you have the stock secondary? I have the same kit and my experience is that it runs better (boondocking) with the weight in the middle and no tip weight. I tried to run more tip weight but sled was sluggish and created belt heat something fierce. I just bought a Team Tied and will give you some feedback. What are your box settings at for your setup?

Rob

Stock secondary with the cpc rollers an helix. I was fairly close to dales starting numbers but leaned out the green an yellow a bit an the green/blue a half. It's hard to say cuz I always crank my yellow an green up to 3 for trail then lean er back down wen I hit the trees. Lemme know wat u find. Ill prob stick with heel cuz haven't had any problems or belt issues. Just heard of the guys say the tip holds better for a turbo.

Premium Features

Back