• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Training Wife

Don't I know it. Why is it nobody feels sorry for when my sled is down and I get stuck riding the wifes sled??? In all honesty, I don't blame the the gals a bit. If I won't ride with stock shocks, why should she get beat up? And since she follows me all over the mtns, why should I have a bunch of mods that make it easier to get around and she has to fight it? What gets me is guys that do this to their wives and then just don't get it when their wives complain about getting beat up and not wanting to go on the next ride. That said, Shwee, you are still a spoiled BRAT!

You shush! I don't care that you're right. :p

Eureka is also a great place to beginner ride, good groomed trails, trail maps and markers, gental elevation changes, and you can ride all the way to lake Louise with good lodging in both locations.

only as long as you stay out by the road...:D:D.....all the riding way back in there just sucks...not any good at all..in fact..it really sucks......:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Bummer....

....I really thought this thread was going to be about Wife Training.:D
It was my last hope.:(

:eek:

2deep beat me to it. Don't know about your wife, but some are more comfortable students if someone outside the house is giving them pointers. The ASC has a new rider skills class that is generally given somewhere low stress early in the season. Even if you take her out a couple times to orient her, this may be a supportive atmosphere for her to get comfortable.

http://home.gci.net/~wiljef/

kevin

Last edited:
Get a younger girlfriend that can already ride!

Take them both along and watch her learn fast.:face-icon-small-hap

Honestly, over all the years of dirt bikes and sleds, the swaping no not the TV show works. Your less likely to criticise and the other woman is more likely to appologize so it goes really well.

It goes both ways, taught all three of my sisters when they were young to ride dirt bikes and I've watched them go through the same arguments with their noob guys, one wont ride anything now because of her helping suggestions, his interpetation criticising.

All you diehard gals in the Powder room here should organize regional training rides for new riders, you would make a lot of new friends.

Just sayin.:)

I am a bit confused.......:confused:

How is she going to have a nice hot dinner ready if you take her with you:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-dis:

You have it COMPLETELY wrong! Guys stay home, clean, take care of kids and have the warm dinner ready when the wife gets home. You wait untill she brings her wet riding gear inside, takes shower and then slumps down to eat the food you cooked all day without even knowing what she's eating because she so tired. And no hanky panky for few days after because she's sore everywhere....

You have it COMPLETELY wrong! Guys stay home, clean, take care of kids and have the warm dinner ready when the wife gets home. You wait untill she brings her wet riding gear inside, takes shower and then slumps down to eat the food you cooked all day without even knowing what she's eating because she so tired. And no hanky panky for few days after because she's sore everywhere....

Bwahahahaha!! Dash you are dead on.....although.....I can't imagine my guy cooking all day. :rolleyes: I think it would be more like heating something up in the micro for us or they would order a pizza and ask us to pick it up on the way home! :p HA!

Really????? :eek: Does that actually happen to you gals when your man comes home from riding??? :confused:

Somebody needs to stand up more and quit sittin on em!:face-icon-small-hap:beer;

You are all twisted perverts! I did not mean it like this.... I meant all the muscles people need to ride/steer the machine or when digging it out...

SOOO, what do you do when you go out to ride that you have THOSE OTHER muscles sore....:D Geez, I had almost no idea.... hahaha:eek:

take her to petersville...nice area to ride especially for beginners..you dont want to take her around nasty stuff right now or she may end up scared and not like riding...also..make darn sure she is dressed warm...and dont yell at her...its tough enough to learn the basics without someone making you feel like its all your fault...patience..is a virtue.......

There's a guy that sounds like he has experience in this area ! :)

Really????? :eek: Does that actually happen to you gals when your man comes home from riding??? :confused:

Somebody needs to stand up more and quit sittin on em!:face-icon-small-hap:beer;

Speak for yourself missy!

You are all twisted perverts! I did not mean it like this.... I meant all the muscles people need to ride/steer the machine or when digging it out...

SOOO, what do you do when you go out to ride that you have THOSE OTHER muscles sore....:D Geez, I had almost no idea.... hahaha:eek:

LMAO! What a buncha pervs. :D

Ummmmm........WHAT are you ALL talking about???? :confused:

There's a guy that sounds like he has experience in this area ! :)

I had one of them new fangled trail girls..if a ski went off hard pack she was instantly upside down with the sled riding her...was actually pretty comical...she was pretty good on hardpack..chased her 2 hrs(her sled was geared higher then mine) coming back from dawson one time...didnt catch her till we got out to the main road(she wouldnt jump the driveways and I was)was still fun..and now days I teach my kids..my daughter is pretty comical as well....does good carving...screams at the top of her lungs everytime she climbs something(can hear her over my sled)I always know when she clears a hill cause the screaming stops...........:beer;

jeez dash,:eek: do we even want to know what all your riding out there?...:eek::rose:

Premium Features

Back