• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

**thunder mtn - grand mesa 09-10**

B
Nov 9, 2008
order some more crown- cannonman

big tim will be back!!

thanks for the awesome hospitality on 1/22-24. Awesome snow as well. Hopefully we'll see you again this season!

Your friends from Kremmling

C
Nov 30, 2007
Grand Junction, CO
Nice Reports!

Nice pics and reports guys. Are you telling me that it was sunny on GM yesterday (sunday)?????? We rode "somewhere else" Sunday, and were socked in with some of the most dense fog I've ever been in. Sometimes 5 feet of visibility or less! But, when it finally cleared out a bit, oh man did we find some goodies....60+ miles...pics and vid to come later.

Saturday - Traversed the Ridge from Leon to crossover, put some tracks off the crossover cornice, then moved down to Plexiglass area. Hardly anyone had been there. Shaping up nicely, but need more snow on the ridge before it's "go time".

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
[
Bohica
012910034.jpg

Bohica
012910086.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:scared:

S
Sep 10, 2005
Grand Junction, CO
A good day of riding all in all. The Dragon got fairly banged up bit nothing a few zip ties and duct tape can't hold together. The amazing thing is how the hood held up. It was pushed into the belt guard and almost to the pipe. But after a few well placed smacks, it looks almost as good as it did before the tree. The dash cracked but a little silicone will fix that for now. The upper a-arm is "slightly" tweeked and the lower is untouched.
Even the windshield is usable with a little custom tape work. It says a lot about the Dragon if it can hit a tree that hard and ride away.
And it still climbs pretty well too. Right Ray?

BOHICA

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Colorado
One of the most rewarding parts of the day was when we got Frank up on top that climb. The look in his eyes told me that he'd be forever hooked on this sport. Better look out Charlie, he's coming after you. LOL Colored duct tape and zip ties and nobody will even notice the damage. Glad it lived to ride another day. I think it was all of the positive thinking?????
Ed, I don't think that was me stuck, kind of hard to identify the sled.
New sled rule from GJ-RN " Its not a stuck if you get yourself out".
So far for me, it's the best season I've had in five years. Looking forward to the forum ride over Pres day weekend.
Mark

C
Nov 30, 2007
Grand Junction, CO
Here are some pics

As promised:
Saturday on Grand Mesa:

A yeti? Where!?!? (I just slid down the hill holding on for dear life....)
DSCN3056.jpg

2 down......
DSCN3060.jpg

Zack and the T-600
DSCN3062.jpg

Pristine and untouched - NO MORE!
DSCN3063.jpg

Wifey Killin' it.
DSCN3066.jpg

Sunday at area 61 ;)

Darwin Award goes to........Mason!
DSCN3081.jpg

And again...!
DSCN3084.jpg

The fog was so bad in the morning that we had to stop. Built a fire and told lies while we ate lunch. Cleared up enough to ride for a couple hours after this.
DSCN3069.jpg

Can't wait to explore Area 61 a bit more....HUGE boondocking potential....HD helmet cam coming your way soon....!

W
Feb 9, 2009
thornton, Co
Thunder Mountain Lodge

Hey Mark, This Is Andy from Michigan. Thanks for all the help while we were out there. Great place you have up there, wish our sleds would have cooperated with us a little better. Great riding Great food Great people, can't beat that. Still lots of untracked to find as long as your sleds stay runnin to get ya there.

Thanks again

Andy

C
Nov 30, 2007
Grand Junction, CO
Getting more snow

Rode out of the Visitors Center today, one of the first to arrive and last to leave. Long day. Stayed on the south side from TML to Marcott Creek. Boondocking heaven. Snowed all day - about a foot of fresh up high. With tonights snow it will be even better.

B
Sep 24, 2008
Western Slope. Colorado
Rode out of the Visitors Center today, one of the first to arrive and last to leave. Long day. Stayed on the south side from TML to Marcott Creek. Boondocking heaven. Snowed all day - about a foot of fresh up high. With tonights snow it will be even better.

Thanks again for your help today.. I had no idea how we were going to get that sled out.. I owe you guys bigtime..

grizzly7

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Hey Pappa,
Sounds like I should be heading out soon, Darren cant come now I'm waiting to here from Poboy if he wants to fly out this week if we can find decent air prices.

Premium Features