• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

THE MOST MILEAGE ON A CAT TURBO

3 season on mine. Over 2000 miles. Wish they wouldve all been by me!! But still running strong!!

Miles

I have one customer that put 6k on his before he replaced pistons.

I put about a 1000 a year on mine

2400 miles on our 09, that's after it being a race sled with Zollingers for a season (11-15 psi).
1800 on my 11, just pulled pistons & they were literally the cleanest, least worn pistons I've ever pulled from a sled (10-14 psi) and I drive at full boost as often as possible, riding on the last 5" of the track.

I know a guy with 9k on boost near us (approx 12-14psi), also Bparks has 11 or 12k on his M7 bottom end, not sure how many boosted (approx 14 psi)

I'm starting to rethink having sold our 09 due to "high miles"... seems kinda dumb now.:face-icon-small-dis

Ive got 3000 miles in my 08 m8 i put pistons in at 2k running 11lbs of boost when i pulled the topend off the piston pin was really worn

3200 boosted miles on 1200 engine never been out of the chassis till I rebuilt sled. Put a 1000 topend on it and stuck it into an 08 LE 1000 that had motor issues at 2400 miles unboosted. Put a crate motor in my sled build, riding the 08 stocker until we get some snow. One of my neighbours has over 5000 miles on his 2010 TM1000 and he just put a crate motor in just because. His engine had 2500 on boost, 2500 stock with pistons being replaced when turbo kit put on. His old engine is complete sitting on bench, still runable in my book. Another customer of mine with an 09 M8 that was boosted since new had over 4500 miles before I put pistons in last year and the old ones still looked fine.

I have one customer that put 6k on his before he replaced pistons.

I put about a 1000 a year on mine

-
-
6,000 miles is a lot. Good to hear
Im luck to make it 2,000 miles.
-
Its crazy how in the old days, you would be replacing pistons multiple times per year, and now we can go all season or more.

If you are worried about the sled not holding up with the new turbo kit I would be willing to install it on my sled and try it out for you for the winter just to make sure that you don't have any issues to worry about....in fact I think that is what we will do....I'll call Kevin right now and let him know that is the plan....anything I can do to help you out :)

3200 Miles boosted since 60 Miles.... I am going to put in a new top end as soon as I have the time.... Runs flawless and no signs of needing to do it other than fear or ******* the case..... LOL

If you are worried about the sled not holding up with the new turbo kit I would be willing to install it on my sled and try it out for you for the winter just to make sure that you don't have any issues to worry about....in fact I think that is what we will do....I'll call Kevin right now and let him know that is the plan....anything I can do to help you out :)

-
Can you hear that clanking noise.

Its called BRASS

-
The turbo is running like awesome.

I heard you had some "shrinkage issues" this year and it was more of a "ping-ping" noise....like BB's....lol

I've only got about 1250 miles boosted on mine, about 2300 total ... I did new pistons this year just because "I thought I should" and they still looked good when I pulled them .... *shrug* ... ah well otta be good for another couple seasons now :)

Anyone else pushing high miles on there cat turbo?

looking at buying a used volk built m8 pgt turbo! Looks pretty clean but has 3700 miles! Anyone think thats is scary or what! Im not stoked about this many miles just curious what you guys think?

Premium Features

Back