• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The 850 axys sled durability.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
It looks to be pretty good when you compare it to the doo and cat. I went and looked at there thread count with issues.

• 1 Star
Reactions: TRS
It looks to be pretty good when you compare it to the doo and cat. I went and looked at there thread count with issues.

Post counts? It may be somewhat informative I guess.

You can also go to a dealer that sells Doo and Poo, and talk to someone in service you trust. That has been a factor in helping me decide which sleds to buy over the past 10 years. Not perfect, but helpful.

Just ride what you like and find a dealer that is going to back you up if something goes bad.

Not trying to start a brand war ive owned them all three except cat. Just stating that its been pretty quite here this year. No doubt dealer is big part of the decision. Had a friend on a 600 polaris lose his motor 4 months off warranty. Polaris still took care of it new motor. He only missed 2 weeks so thank you polaris.

I’ve had a lot of issues this year with a couple sleds and if it wasn’t for my dealer I’d probably be switching brands. They made the difference.

I haven't seen any 2020 850 Polaris failure threads. Have I missed something or is the verdict that this is now the solid motor that Polaris designed it to be?

I have a 15 and 19 Polaris and ride with guys with the new Doo's. We are seeing lots of broken body parts on the Doo's when they hit something. If the hood gets damaged usually 2-3 parts beneath are broken too. e.g. air-box, belt guard, vents, headlight etc. Even the guy on the Doo that came from Polaris said he is disappointed that the new sled gets damaged much easier than his 16 AXYS. When I hit stuff there is rarely any damage. (so far)

I haven't seen any 2020 850 Polaris failure threads. Have I missed something or is the verdict that this is now the solid motor that Polaris designed it to be?
Have seen VERY few issues with 2020 sleds on here, facebook, Instagram, and real life.

I think the 2019 motor issues got blown WAY out of proportion, and that it was small number (%) with assembly issues, that caused issues in the first few hundred miles. We saw VERY few posts about 2019s with issues this season.

I've put 1100 miles on my 2019 850, and there is no way I would go back to an 800... many good improvements beyond the power bump on the 850. I think the biggest issue with the 850s are that they will occasionally flood, and hopefully the new flash takes care of the ones with that issue.

Have seen VERY few issues with 2020 sleds on here, facebook, Instagram, and real life.

I think the 2019 motor issues got blown WAY out of proportion, and that it was small number (%) with assembly issues, that caused issues in the first few hundred miles. We saw VERY few posts about 2019s with issues this season.

I've put 1100 miles on my 2019 850, and there is no way I would go back to an 800... many good improvements beyond the power bump on the 850. I think the biggest issue with the 850s are that they will occasionally flood, and hopefully the new flash takes care of the ones with that issue.

I went back to BPR6EIX (hotter) spark plugs and immediately noticed a crisper bottom end. No more gargling while poking around in deep snow. This with the 2020 flash.

Lost a piston at 1498 miles on my ‘19. Locating pin migrated and the ring spun. Same issue I had with my ‘18 800. Three times.
My ‘19, now, has a 2020 engine. I’ve ridden it for three days, much better performance.
My ‘20 has just shy of 800 miles, now, and is running very well.

Lost a piston at 1498 miles on my ‘19. Locating pin migrated and the ring spun. Same issue I had with my ‘18 800. Three times.
My ‘19, now, has a 2020 engine. I’ve ridden it for three days, much better performance.
My ‘20 has just shy of 800 miles, now, and is running very well.

That is usually due to detonation. Why would you be seeing this happen? Poor fuel? Boost?, High compression head?

I had a high compression head once and my t-stat housing bolts would come loose. couldn't figure it out until I had a recall notice that the domes that I got where for the wrong altitude.

• Love
Reactions: 440
That is usually due to detonation. Why would you be seeing this happen? Poor fuel? Boost?, High compression head?

I had a high compression head once and my t-stat housing bolts would come loose. couldn't figure it out until I had a recall notice that the domes that I got where for the wrong altitude.
Completely stock sleds.
With all due respect, it is not due to detonation, detonation causes another set of circumstances not related to migration. BRP had the same issue with the original etec pistons. Polaris hasn’t been able to figure it out.

Premium Features

Back