• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

T Rex Fab A arm Initial Review

P
May 2, 2008
Breckenridge, Co.
I just purchased a 36" T Rex A Arm kit for my 2018 Axys. The kit is of excellent quality. It raised the front by .5" with my stock length shocks. Unfortunately, the Burandt shocks with the Evol piggyback, will not work with the swaybar (see pic). I generally prefer the swaybar in, however, I will give these a go without it. I know the Burandt shocks can compensate for the lack of swaybar. Who knows, maybe I will like it better?

Customer service is great with these guys. We had some shipping issues from USPS (I know, surprising right?) The PO decided to return the package to sender. I contacted T Rex and got a response form James at 8pm immediately after emailing. He said he would get a set out the next day via UPS. He did and they arrived 3 days later. I contacted James about the swaybar fitment issue and he responded within the hour. Unfortunately there is no real solution for this as you can see from the pic. I would recommend them to anyone on a tight budget for a arms.
2018 Axys 36 install.jpg

2018 Axys 36 Swaybar.jpg

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
Thanks for posting. Those arms are different than the T-rex arms for the 2019 and up react front end.
I wonder why the design change.

P
May 2, 2008
Breckenridge, Co.
They are working well. I got a short test ride on them. I do miss the swaybar as I feel these sleds do much better with them in. I tried to use a React swaybar, but it is way too short. The orig swaybar will work for anyone not using this fox EVOL style shock though. I feel that without the swaybar, I need too much psi in shocks which throws off the geometry more than I would like.

P
May 2, 2008
Breckenridge, Co.
These arms performed great this week. I ran 2 days of whooped out trail and 4ft+ of bottomless powder. They feel great in both. I got into one log under the snow and nothing was damaged. I would recommend these to anyone looking to do a 36 kit on a budget. I would like a more curved version for better clearance, but these are fine for the way I ride.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Hey powdersnobb. The Trenchers just use a bolt through the crossshaft to mount the sway bar. In looking at your photo, if you ground off the stud, drilled a hole, and flipped the ball joint on the sway bar to the inside, I bet you clear your evols.

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Thanks for the quick reply, Hope to head that direction with the T Rex 36 on my 18 AXYS 163-800, I just fully clipped the track (series 6 - 2.6

P
May 2, 2008
Breckenridge, Co.
Hey powdersnobb. The Trenchers just use a bolt through the crossshaft to mount the sway bar. In looking at your photo, if you ground off the stud, drilled a hole, and flipped the ball joint on the sway bar to the inside, I bet you clear your evols.
Funny, I just saw your post after I did this. It works, but only with the react swaybar. The stock 18 swaybar is still too long. Thanks for posting the idea. We were thinking the same thing.

DBarnes

Premium Member
Apr 1, 2022
Thomasville, Colorado
I threw the 36" T Rex A arms on my 17 Axys this winter after I smoked a rock riding mid season. These are a little more heavy than the stock arms but they feel a lot stronger. They're designed to break at the ball joints and carrying a spare upper and lower is affordable. Just buy them with the kit. It's more narrow than the stock setup which makes it more tippy and easy to get on edge which is nice. When you disconnect the sway bar it's even more playful. It will try and roll on the trail around corners with the sway bar disconnected. Real quality setup for how inexpensive it is.

Premium Features