• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Suspension which one's better and why

N

nelsonsr1

Looking at a new suspension tell me what experience's you have with these.

Evolution Air with X evol or R evol

or

Mtn. Tamer Back Suspensions Timbersled

What's good whats bad why

Prices are close
I have a 09 XP 800 146 X
ride the trail and climb

:):)

yes thats the one hes refering to, im also looking at buying 1 of the 2 this year and the most difference i see is the timbersled has a coupled rear and the TS evo does not , both are available with fox evol X's so the shocks play no part in one vs the other .

i know toms had some issues last year with welded tabs breaking but i guess those problems were resolved this seaon , fas as i know there wearnt any issues on the timbersled but really havnt got much feed back on them , so if you got one lemme know whats good about it and whats bad ..

thanks in advance

Dootalk

PM Iron Dog on Dootalk, he has a Summit with Toms set up. I have spent some time on his sled and it works well as an all around skid. The non coupling rear scissor works fine and is not an issuse, it transfers much less than the stock XP. I feel that the 08 and 09 Summits have to much transfer, Doo must think there is a problem as they have changed the geometry this year.

I have no information on the Timbersled skid.

I hope this helps, Chris

Timbersled. Works great in all snow, is light, and the price isnt bad. Got mine for 1880 including ice age rails pcoated. Only problem is the bushings on the coupler.. They bust even when lubed before and after every ride.. Im still working on a fix for this. O, and revalve the floats if your a big guy

The timbersled has new bushings this year with the kit and has different valving if you ask for it.

I am a dealer if you interested for Timbersled, give me a call at Anchorage yamaha243-8343, ask for andrew

Premium Features

Back