• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stupid Question!!! Sorry!!!

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
Sorry to hear your sled is down for the same thing as last year, i remember the story and cant imagine not riding when its time to ride:(

Take the engine apart, call around and find a decent crank and maybe some good folks here will chip in to help a good guy out, i will:beer;

You have $100 from me to fund the effort, its the least i can do

Also, i have a co-worker who is a diehard poo 800 nerd, he is in the same boat each year with the old 800 crank, you can take the sled to my house and we can tear it apart for you if you wish

Hatchers,

You are incredible. I wouldn't feel comfortable taking you money but the fact that you would even offer says allot about you. Thank you.

I could use some help tearing this motor apart if you are willing. If you have time maybe I could bring it down and we can tear into it. I don't have the tools and I have never torn down a motor but I think if I do it I can save some money.
If you don't have the time I understand.
Thanks again.

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
Dont just put another crank in it. Get the cases fixed first. Indydan has a great program for 800 bottom ends. 1200psi is also a great source in Logan Utah. Or you can ditch the prone 800 and step up to a 1200, better reliability and way more power:)

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
Dont just put another crank in it. Get the cases fixed first. Indydan has a great program for 800 bottom ends. 1200psi is also a great source in Logan Utah. Or you can ditch the prone 800 and step up to a 1200, better reliability and way more power:)

Thanks for your ideas. If I had the money I would go with Indydan's kit for sure but due to unexpected medical bills for my son I don't have $1,300. Don't you just love doctors?

Some day I will have a twisted turbo M1000:D:D:D
or even a sled that will run for more than one season:mad:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Thanks for your ideas. If I had the money I would go with Indydan's kit for sure but due to unexpected medical bills for my son I don't have $1,300. Don't you just love doctors?

Some day I will have a twisted turbo M1000:D:D:D
or even a sled that will run for more than one season:mad:

Yep sorry to hear about your son. The day the rebate check from the IRS came to us and was sitting on the table .... one of my children fell climbing a basketball pole and was knocked out cold. When she woke up a couple minutes later and the bills a month later was much more than the IRS rebate check.

S

sodfarmer

Dec 5, 2007
Are you running oil injection? If not put it back on.

On the old forum there is a long post by indy dan and what is the downfall of these cranks.

I had the crank on my 700 go 2 seasons ago, lost the pto side bearing. Took the crank out and did the big bearing and rods and put it back together. It lasted for 2 rides and the outer bearings seized again. With the info gleaned from indy dans thread we put it back together the way he said to and it ran the rest of the season with no problems.

The major thing is there are 2 different bearings. C4 and C3. Most aftermarket bearings are c3. The dimmensions of the bearings are identical, but the c4 bearing has a little more room for the balls to move around. When using c3 bearings in mountain conditions the get hot, seize, break the pto end, and then cool thus allowing the motor to run again.

The second time I rebuilt my motor we used all c4 bearings including the double wide bearing on the pto end and it has run great. My sled also had the oil injection removed before I bought it. After the second rebuild I put oil injection back on and have had no problems. IMHO premixing will kill these sleds. At the very least I believe you should run the oil injection at idle to lube the bottom end and premix also.

Good luck. If you need any other help pm me. The dealership up here has the double wide bearing in stock most of the time. You don't have to get it through SLP.

Premium Features