• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowies riding conditions 23

titus_4

Doo It Big
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 27, 2019
Indiana
3535394cc1dc1cdc973f406e7340a8c7.jpg

Update from Albany Lodge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
The new snow was needed but with high winds one still needs be carefull on the west side On the ridges.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Storm rolling in tonight. Talking 1-2'. I am leaving in the morning. Should be pretty good.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
We left the Snowies Friday morning to get ahead of this storm knowing we would be stuck there for several days if we didn't.
Kinda sucks to have missed this riding though. FWIW, it was great before this storm.

cowboystatedaily.com

Snowmobiler’s Paradise: Storm Dumps Seven Feet Of Snow Over Weekend At Snowy Range - Cowboy State Daily

Snowmobilers reported anywhere from four to seven feet of new snow at Snowy Range over the weekend. The result is incredible snowmobiling conditions all across the area.
cowboystatedaily.com
cowboystatedaily.com

NDFARMER95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2011
Mooreton, ND
Just got back from out there. Was pretty tracked up and tons of people. Found fresh in the trees but wind and sun we're taking its toll.

And a heads up, we got a race can half full of AVGAS stole from on top the deck.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

titus_4

Doo It Big
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 27, 2019
Indiana
Just got back from out there. Was pretty tracked up and tons of people. Found fresh in the trees but wind and sun we're taking its toll.

And a heads up, we got a race can half full of AVGAS stole from on top the deck.

Man that sucks! Where were you parked? Green rock or down at Albany?

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Just got back on monday same came results as ndfarmer95. Was at green rock on Friday and some dirt bag took my 5 gallons of av gas and 2 gallons of Ski-Doo oil as well. I will run a chain though them from now on.

NDFARMER95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2011
Mooreton, ND
Just got back on monday same came results as ndfarmer95. Was at green rock on Friday and some dirt bag took my 5 gallons of av gas and 2 gallons of Ski-Doo oil as well. I will run a chain though them from now on.
Been the same day ours got jacked...

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
This has been increasing every year up there. You need everything to be out of eyesight. Back years ago you didn't have to worry about any of that because on a good day maybe 10 trucks up there. Boy do I miss those days. I have noticed that the Rangers have been making a present at Green Rock and Ryan Park are they doing anything other than checking stickers? Seems like that is all they are concerned with. If something isn't yours don’t touch it.

Last edited:

NDFARMER95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2011
Mooreton, ND
Bingo. It was our second time out there. We have not had an issue anywhere else and I can promise you we will never be back. I hope it's not other snowmobilers that are doing this, but if it is I hope they rot in he**.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Around 1999, we were riding back by Quealy when my buddy realized he had left his wallet on the hood of the truck, in plain view, in Green Rock parking area.

When we returned to the truck late that afternoon, the wallet was still there, intact.

Maybe dumb luck.
Maybe theives figured it had to be a setup.
Maybe mostly honest people in Green Rock back then.
Probably a combination of all.

It is hard to know who is supposed to be at or near trucks.

With an open trailer, if sledder is at truck there will probably be a sled there too.

If there is an enclosed trailer, maybe sleds are inside.

I would be watching anyone driving a car or truck without trailer or sled deck, esp if they are stopped next to an unattended snowmobilers truck.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
Awesome conditions 2/7 to 2/10, we totally lucked out. it snowed around 2 ft on the west side the night we showed up, sun the next day! It snowed another 8 inches before our 3rd day and we had sun for the last 2 days. The north facing slopes in the trees was as good of snow as I've ever been in!

Does anyone know anything about a group of riders missing their buddies on 2/7? We were riding out west on trail U towards Rendezvous Lodge and we stopped by a group of 6 sleds and snowbikes and they said 2 buddies were stuck on the ridge north of the trail for the last 5 hours and couldn't get down. They had radio communication and I helped them try to get a closer idea where they were with coordinates but they said thanks for the help and don't wait around. It was 6:30 already and below zero. I asked the owner of the lodge and he didn't hear anything the next day. They told me they were staying in Saratoga.
4e0ced5a388f62f0ab6f5e4d11d24ed8.jpg
7279bc2246a82ca41f858ab7f7f6eef9.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

titus_4

Doo It Big
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 27, 2019
Indiana
We left yesterday afternoon. Got home a couple hours ago. Had been there since Saturday afternoon. Pretty busy over the weekend but still managed to find plenty of places that weren’t tracked up or that the wind had blown tracks back in. Had 50+ mph winds a couple days and got probably a foot or so of new while we were there. Stayed at Albany lodge and rode from there up to U trail by green rock, over to 10 mile inn one day to get fuel because the lodge was out. Ventured south west on Thursday morning before we left and there was a lot that was untouched.

Snow is pretty hard about 2’ down in spots. Made for some tough digging on some of the stucks.

For our 2nd trip out west, our group had a blast. We definitely improved our skills. Rode with Austin out of Albany on Monday and he wore us out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features