• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoWest Project Trailer 2015: Building a "MORE" perfect trailer.

studboy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Nokomis,SK
They can call it the "Ford Super Duper Cab" edition.

If you are stuck on fords and they are coming out with it I would definitely wait. I love my mega cab. So much that there's usually a fight to see who gets to sit in the back.

SASKTOOLMAN

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2013
CANADA
Ford changes there body style every 7 years. 2011 was the change for the superduty, so a new one shouldnt be on deck till 2017.

I run a 1 ton srw, tow all sorts of trailers, i install firestone airbag in the rear suspension, they make a huge difference. Another cheap upgrade is changing your shocks, bilstein 5150 series i believe is what I installed. Tired of lift kits, a 4" ready lift in the front, and a 6" in the rear. 6" because u find fords always have a natural sag.

The 2014 dodges 2500 have a full coil suspension and seem to stand up really well. I have 1 of those in my fleet and the guy driving it is really happy with it. Rides good, doesnt sag. We load upwards of 2000-2500#s in the box, sags then but thats not an everyday occurence.

My guys running fords are happy with them, there only complaint is missing the power of the hemi.

I have gone from fords to dodges and i am making the full circle back to fords again. The dodge dont stand up like the fords do, maintenance on the dodges have been 25-35% more than the fords.

Dodge has become extremely sticky on there warranty since the 2008 recession when they had to get bailed out. We have had to replace ball joints and tie rod ends on dodges with less than 20,000miles, and not just on one truck.

Fords have there problems as well, and i have issuses with there warranty, but nothing near what dodge have caused me. Dodge was cheaper to buy, but in the end the maintenance and down time kills me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Sorry, but Ford took money as well.
Sorry but Ford did not need it nor take the bailout.
Facts are stubborn things..

<table border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1"> <tbody> <tr> <td>Company</td> <td> Invested</td> <td> Sold For</td> <td> Profit/Loss</td> <td> Date Bailout Ended</td> </tr> <tr> <td>GM</td> <td>$51.0 billion</td> <td>$39.7 billion</td> <td> -$10.3 billion</td> <td> December 9, 2013</td> </tr> <tr> <td>GMAC (Ally)</td> <td>$17.2 billion</td> <td>$19.6 billion</td> <td> +$2.4 billion</td> <td> December 18, 2014</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Chrysler</td> <td>$12.5 billion</td> <td>$11.2 billion</td> <td> -$1.3 billion</td> <td> May 2011</td> </tr> <tr> <td>TOTAL</td> <td>$80.7 billion</td> <td>$70.5 billion</td> <td> - $9.2 billion</td> <td> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
More than 340,000 jobs were created by GM and Chrysler since June 2009, when they emerged from bankruptcy. Even though Ford did not need, or take, a bailout, it said it also benefited. (Source: U.S. Treasury, Financial Stability in the Auto Industry)

Specifics

In January 2009, the Federal government used $23.4 billion of the TARP funds to create the Automotive Industry Finance Program. Its first loans provided operating cash for GM and Chrysler. These funds made auto loans available for car buyers:

• $13.4 billion for General Motors.
  • $6 billion for GMAC.
  • $4 billion for Chrysler
Ford Credit used funds from the Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility (TALF), a government program for auto, student and other consumer loans. (Source: AP, Timeline)

Ford's Bailout Proposal

Ford requested a $9 billion line-of-credit from the government, and a $5 billion loan from the Energy Department. It pledged to accelerate development of both hybrid and battery-powered vehicles, retool plants to increase production of smaller cars, close dealerships, and sell Volvo. Ford is in better shape than the other two because it had already mortgaged its assets in 2006 to raise $24.5 billion. Although Ford didn't need, and didn't receive any funds, it also didn't want its competition to get the upper hand thanks to the government bailout.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I thought we were building a sweet trailer? Not deciding who's overpriced pickup is financed by the govt?
True enough, but its the nature of long threads, they ALWAYS meander a bit!!
Just part of the natural flow of conversations.

Trailer is just waiting patiently for me to crawl back in and get the next section of SuperGlides installed.

N

nofuture

Sep 10, 2011
Wasn't to keen on the bailout either, but...

The $80 billion auto bailout loan is paid in full and the us govt also has received handsome interest and dividends. Hundreds of thousands of Americans, many belonging to the United Auto Workers union, did indeed keep their jobs because of the bailout. Hundreds of thousands of non-union blue-collar and white-collar employees at auto-related suppliers, dealerships and small businesses also kept their jobs thanks to the bailout.

I guess we'll never know what would of happened if they went bankrupt

Nice trailer

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I guess we'll never know what would of happened if they went bankrupt
One thing we can be pretty sure of is that the companies would not exist in their current configuration.
Chapter 7 would almost certainly have resulted in the breakup of GM into several smaller independent entities, and the Unions would have been busted up as well. The fallout from that would have been HUGE, for better or for worse depending on how you look at it.

I am just one of those dinosaurs that doesn't believe any company is too big to fail.

And ya, the trailer is VERY SWEET.
Hope to get some more track laid down this weekend if I can.

studboy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Nokomis,SK
If I'm not mistaken Henry Ford got his start by borrowing money from the Dodge brothers to get his plant up and running. Funny how things get screwed up when corporate fat cats get involved.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
If I'm not mistaken Henry Ford got his start by borrowing money from the Dodge brothers to get his plant up and running. Funny how things get screwed up when corporate fat cats get involved.

Dodge brothers worked for Ford and then left to strike out on their own.

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
Bailout

Im just glad they bailed them out, i would sure hate the thought of thinking of buying a ford, buy the way did the ever get a engine that would make more than 20000 miles yet?, they have had all sorts of numberd engine's under there hood, iv had dumax's now for 7 years and have yet to to any engine work on one, like i say thanks for helping gm out.

chevyman0400

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
They don't get any better than this!

I am good friends with Christopher and have had the opportunity to haul my sled in this trailer a few times this season. I must say that it is the Cadillac of all trailers on the road. Mirage has done a phenomenal job putting this trailer together. No corners cut whatsoever at all! I hope to own a trailer just like it someday. Nice job Chris and hats off to Mirage! Keep up the good work! :face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
What a crazy year for riding.
So little snow and such a great trailer.

On a recent trip north to Revelstoke, British Columbia things got a little hairy with my Mirage Trailers. After we loaded up our 5 sleds and started to pull out of the forest parking lot the truck and the trailer both got "sideways" on all of the ice. My trailer slid backwards into this massive block of plowed snow (read ICE) and wedged itself in good while we disconnected the truck and repositioned it. There were a few minutes of MAJOR pucker factor wondering if I had caved in the back corner of the trailer or if she might pivot on me and roll away!. In the end all turned out just fine. This trailer takes loads of abuse and keeps right on rolling! Thank you to my friends at Mirage for building me such a SWEET RIDE!!

11080831_850794731640590_7462356917741786437_o.jpg

11077386_850795098307220_3590181968519051693_o.jpg

10572017_850795424973854_1942575940235692588_o.jpg

10835293_850795638307166_8331406853673927133_o.jpg

10636759_850795808307149_3992905141926040045_o.jpg

Premium Features