• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoWest March 2015: "A New Generation of Yamaha Mountain Sleds is here"

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Bashing comes from the fact they know its good and have to raise thiers by lowering yours. Poo guys are very afraid of the MTX Viper. The ONLY place a Poo Pro beats a MTX Viper is extreme sidehills.....the only place.

Maybe Poo riders are in here upsetting your perfect world cause Yamaha packed 124lbs of snow on the Pro, made a video about it and Christopher PMed 10000 members to come watch it,,, not because they're are afraid. lol

Believe me, I'm quite content with my ride right now. Seems some in here might be second guessing though:face-icon-small-ton haha

Seems like you guys needed some more action in here anyways:face-icon-small-win

Last edited:

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Thats funny.... I have been breaking trail for Cats with 2.6 powerclaw tracks all season on my Pro.

I can't wait for next season when all you delusional Viper riders hit the snow and find out a 25% wieght penalty is not making for a very nimble sled. Bring it on.

As a side note, it is nice to see that the mods are again(still) deleting posts with no notification and doing so to further YammiCat marketing. Good job Christopher:face-icon-small-dis

All I read from your posts is how NOBODY on this god given earth can even touch you and the snowmobile that you ride. Give me a break. Go ride and let the keyboard cool down. Yes, the vipers are a heavy pos, the cats sucks and can't touch your pro and where you take it, the doo's dont' stand a chance cuz they are yellow. WE GET IT. I dont' think you have quite talked yourself into getting it though. You probably think Burandt is a piece of shi* as well and the only thing that would allow him to ride with you is that he too rides a pro.

Last edited by a moderator:

fc8464

Lifetime Membership
Nov 18, 2010
Fairbanks, Alaska 99725
I agree the rmk ain't king of the hill anymore but it's definitely not yamaha that is. The XM has that title !!! ANd I own both a rmk pro and a yammie, I'm not biased here.

I would like to here more on this as I am on the fence on wether to get the ViperMTX or Summit X. Alot of comparing pro to Viper but not much Viper to XM. Thanks Fred

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
I would like to here more on this as I am on the fence on wether to get the ViperMTX or Summit X. Alot of comparing pro to Viper but not much Viper to XM. Thanks Fred
IMO the the xm to pro is that the pro edges out in handling, and although I feel the pro gets up on the snow better the xm will out climb it if for nothing else but a few extra ponies and more floatation for the given track size. It is easier to imitate a carve/side hill, but harder to hold the line. Now the viper is harder to hold a line than the pro just in the weight. It's capable, predictable, and takes no more skill. It's balance point is stable and it doesn't have the funky "right yourself" feeling I get on an xm, but takes more strength to hold it if that makes sense. I'd take it over a doo in technical riding but riding styles vary.

Now on to the climbing. This is where the xm shines over the poo, and, again IMO, he xm has nothing on the viper. The viper with warrantee covered dealer installed accessories has 20 hp and 15 ft/lbs on the xm and is only 50 lbs heavier (same weight difference as pro to xm) and, again my opinion, a better track.

fc8464

Lifetime Membership
Nov 18, 2010
Fairbanks, Alaska 99725
I was unable to make the demo ride at Cantwell but my son went and rode it. He rides a 13 pro and was impresed with the Viper. He liked how it initiated the carve and held it. Liked how it did on the trail, but didnt get to take it for a long ride in the trees or technical. Never been on any the cat chasis so I have know idea what the Viper would even be close to. I rode the pro and xm and have a modded xp. Probably wont get back from work till after the snow is gone. How mush weight do you think can be lost on the Viper with after market parts. Thanks Fred

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
m1kflyingtiger, great report. I dont' have any experience on the viper. But my fully modded cr racing nytro compared to my pro experience is the pro is flat out fun to ride and try to side hill all over the place and do down hill shiz hooks and go into places I normally woulnd't on my nytro. With that being said, there isn't a place i can go on my pro that I can't go on my nytro. Just takes more work and more fore thought on how to do it on the nytro. The nytro is flat out fun in a different way. Two different beasts, I have fun on both.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
I was unable to make the demo ride at Cantwell but my son went and rode it. He rides a 13 pro and was impresed with the Viper. He liked how it initiated the carve and held it. Liked how it did on the trail, but didnt get to take it for a long ride in the trees or technical. Never been on any the cat chasis so I have know idea what the Viper would even be close to. I rode the pro and xm and have a modded xp. Probably wont get back from work till after the snow is gone. How mush weight do you think can be lost on the Viper with after market parts. Thanks Fred
As far as the build wish list I have going, for under 2k, 36-40 lbs. that's hood, tank, battery, exhaust and bdx spindles/upper a-arms. The tank holds 2 gallons more though so increased weight as you leave the truck.

There is definatly more to be had, but that's the cheap and easy. Carbon fiber rear tunnel section, ti or chromoly tube running boards, to swing arms, chromoly steering post, carbon bars, chromoly or ti lower swing arms.

catt_tracker

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2012
Idaho
I switched from a 2 stroke to a 4 stroke and rode it for 2 years. I thought I might want to switch back, but after riding a 4 stroke I love the huge power band and torque. I know its heavier and harder to ride through the trees, but day in day out I have more fun and I am not always waiting to pop an engine. I see a lot of 150-190# guys riding light sleds and they probably work better for them. I am not light and I think that plays into riding the heavier sleds. What is the point in riding a 420# sled when you weigh 290# with gear on. I feel if you are out having fun it doesn't matter at the end of the day. When I ride up in Alpine there are guys that can do amazing things on a 4 stroke. I can't but if you have the strength and ability it can be done.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Its always a trade off, one way or the other.
But I am with you.
I absolutely LOVE THE POWER of a boosted 4 stroke.
Point it up the mountain and let it rip!

1856_600.jpg

Premium Features