• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoWest March 2015: "A New Generation of Yamaha Mountain Sleds is here"

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Next time you are in Colorado Springs ping me and you can lift the Viper yourself and the 2014 M8 that sits next to it and be your own judge. I suspect you will be stunned as has everyody else that has done this test.

BTW, from stop to 40mph you don't give up anything to the 800 class and where I ride we don't spend much time over 50mph so its great for us.

You already have a Viper mountain sled? I've said it over and over, I think the Viper is a great step for Yamaha but it is not a direct replacement for an 800cc two stroke mountain sled. Yammi guys are loyal, I grew up on them. But right now I can only buy one mountain sled and the Viper is not the one all around sled. I hope to get some time riding the factory turbo and maybe I'll feel different.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
You already have a Viper mountain sled? I've said it over and over, I think the Viper is a great step for Yamaha but it is not a direct replacement for an 800cc two stroke mountain sled. Yammi guys are loyal, I grew up on them. But right now I can only buy one mountain sled and the Viper is not the one all around sled. I hope to get some time riding the factory turbo and maybe I'll feel different.

I converted a 2014 XTX Viper into an MTX. And yes if you have not rode a 4 stroke before the feel might not be too your likeing.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
For our SnoWest Premium Members:

Your March 2014 "Deep Powder Challenge" SnoWest Magazine is ready for you to download now.

picture.php

DOWNLOAD HERE.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
OK!

I am on snowest so what I say has to be true right?

SO...... our kiddie Ski Doo 120 is the lightest sled on the hill so it is superior to your Polaris Pro as it is lighter. You Pro guys say power and traction does not matter only weight so the kiddie Ski Doo 120 is better than your pro!

Wow, I didn't know the Polaris logic was this easy! :face-icon-small-sho

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
OK!

SO...... our kiddie Ski Doo 120 is the lightest sled on the hill so it is superior to your Polaris Pro as it is lighter. You Pro guys say power and traction does not matter only weight so the kiddie Ski Doo 120 is better than your pro!

I better get my skidoo 120 snowcheck deposit in before they sell out the production run. I'll have to get a new wrap and flat bill though...

What can is the loudest on the skidoo 120?

R

rockhead00

Apr 10, 2011
Calgary, AB
it should be deep mountain challenge for all Mountain sleds, all mountain sled qualify for the challenge and we get the feedback. maybe the 600 is a better mountain sled then the 800.

Perhaps have a boosted mountain sled challenge, 600 turbo'd? how would it do?

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
OK!

OK you Polaris Pro guys I am ready to have that weigh in contest! Remember power and traction do not matter its just weight and Sidehilling!

attachment.php

skidoo.jpg

Reactions: christopher
O
Dec 6, 2007
This is what happens to a nose heavy Cat 800 Proclimb coming downhill through the trees. The YammiCat carries another 30 lbs over this sled. I helped dig this sled out several times because it tried to follow the Polaris in the trees. You guys have a looooooong way to go to convince me a Viper could hang with a PRO.

I love seing the progress. I would like to demo a T-Viper but I suspect it could never replace the lightweight tree buggy I have come to cherish this season.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
This is what happens to a nose heavy Cat 800 Proclimb coming downhill through the trees. The YammiCat carries another 30 lbs over this sled. I helped dig this sled out several times because it tried to follow the Polaris in the trees. You guys have a looooooong way to go to convince me a Viper could hang with a PRO.

I love seing the progress. I would like to demo a T-Viper but I suspect it could never replace the lightweight tree buggy I have come to cherish this season.

Just so ya know, the stock skis are horrible and the powder pros aren't much better. Hate to admit this but the skis off your Poo work the best on the M8. Mine no longer does that diving since I pitched the stock and then the powder pros and put Poo grippers on my M8. Girlfriends Viper now has Camoplast All Terrain (look like poo grippers) and hers does not dive any more either.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007

You dont' think rider ability would have something to do with the dude having issues? Dont' get me wrong, i wave the white flag and yammi is the heaviest sled out there, but because a few guys have an issue hanging in a pro's or xm's lines on a cat means the yammi is a pos because it's even heavier yet then the cat?

D

Drifter

Dec 16, 2007
Very obvious you have not rode a properly clutched Viper, might want to try one, or of course just bash away without any idea on snowest huh?

Are you so grumpy because you bought a Viper and realized its 100 plus pounds heavier and has less HP? Now you are trying to drag everybody down with you? I get it you like your Viper and that's great! I am happy for you but let's not confuse facts it's till heavier and it's still under powered. Until I can walk into my local Yamaha dealer and buy a viper or what ever for the same price as a Polaris skidoo arctic cat etc and not have to bolt on a turbo and it be the same HP and whieght your argument is null and void.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Are you so grumpy because you bought a Viper and realized its 100 plus pounds heavier and has less HP? Now you are trying to drag everybody down with you? I get it you like your Viper and that's great! I am happy for you but let's not confuse facts it's till heavier and it's still under powered. Until I can walk into my local Yamaha dealer and buy a viper or what ever for the same price as a Polaris skidoo arctic cat etc and not have to bolt on a turbo and it be the same HP and whieght your argument is null and void.

LOL! The Poo guys are worried and I see why. I am not grumpy I find it amusing so many Poo riders are bashing out of fear thier sleds are not king of the hill any more.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
LOL! The Poo guys are worried and I see why. I am not grumpy I find it amusing so many Poo riders are bashing out of fear thier sleds are not king of the hill any more.

Lol! You are truly delusional if you think a 4 year old chassis mated with a 6 year old motor is suddenly "king of the hill". lol

Anyways back to topic. Why isn't this sled in the shoot out stock vs stock? Like I said above if the riding weight is close to the same as the Poo and Doo and the stock Hp isn't that far off from the Poo why not throw it in there? And for the factory authorized turbo guys it can be run against the 1100t stock turbo vs stock turbo class.

Premium Features