• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow flap for Slash?

i found the IBEXX scratches to be inefficient compared to the the stock
I was going to put these on because stock scratchers throw snow right behind cooler. These would at least move the spray up 10 inches.
Is everyone using ice storm dki scratchers or rail mounted? Thinking they don't work with mowhaks

I was going to put these on because stock scratchers throw snow right behind cooler. These would at least move the spray up 10 inches.
Is everyone using ice storm dki scratchers or rail mounted? Thinking they don't work with mowhaks
I had the ski version on my 14 M8 and my Alpha.
They didn't seem to drop temps much at all. The rail version are well worth the money.

I tested the scratchers on my Cats.
Run just the ski scratchers for a mile, run just the rail scratchers for a mile. Run them together, run just one ski vs both. Just about every scenario I could come up with.

Ski scratchers do help a little bit. Nowhere close to the cooling capacity of the rail scratchers. For the Alpha, I was really just trying to get snow to the front of the hyfax, keep the track cool.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Take like a 16" chunk of chain and bolt it together, put some kind of old hose over half of it. Put it over your ski, rubber hose on the spindle, chain drages under the skis.

Can you post some more pics and let us know how you did that? Thanks!
I'll find the part number in the morning, in season 650 flap I think. 4 torx screws and 4 rivets
Wife was usually running 10-20 degrees hotter than me then after this she was about 10 degree cooler.
Cut the stock sun visor(flap) off right along a moulding line. looks clean.
OpUtfYOrSmONMRrxXoXR1w.jpg

I'll find the part number in the morning, in season 650 flap I think. 4 torx screws and 4 rivets
Wife was usually running 10-20 degrees hotter than me then after this she was about 10 degree cooler.
Cut the stock sun visor(flap) off right along a moulding line. looks clean.
View attachment 385865
Stoked to try this. Love my165 Slash but hitting 178 on way to the goods when it’s only 20 out does not bode well for spring. Scratchers don’t seem to help when all snow goes out the back. 10k ft Colorado.

Part number is 5458139-070, if you're looking for a permanent replacement.
b2fc0f4d12bf469b18d06bdc771e39c5.jpg

You may need/want to replace the Taillight "Cover" also, from Slash to non-Slash. #7 above, part number is 5458140. Cost is ~$15USD. If you don't you'll be cutting your Slash cover; haven't laid eyes on the non-Slash flap, yet, but got a hunch it gets supported by this non-Slash cover.

Same tail light, Slash - non-Slash. Same Tail - Tunnel, Slash - non-Slash. Looks easy right now. The short tracks use a different flap - make sure you get the RMK/Khaos flap ID'ed above.

Get the cover and flap, and swapping covers/flaps during the season could be as easy as four bolts/nuts, maybe nutserts, if you don't want to rivet. Not done on the hill, but maybe spring vs. real winter.

Don't get too excited on a 650 snow flap. Looks nice when it's new, but when it's straight as the tunnel , it doesn't do s**t.

unless its a quick release like doo, it kinda defeats the purpose of why the flap was removed in the first place. I do agree that in the spring a flap is definitly required

unless its a quick release like the Everett Removable Snow Flap Kit, it kinda defeats the purpose of why the flap was removed in the first place. I do agree that in the spring a flap is definitly required

Fixed your typo. I think you guys will really like what I have brewing for the tapered tunnel, but its not ready for prime time yet. Still some bugs to overcome and lots of testing to do.

My slash boost overheats like crazy on the trail, worse than any sled I have had in the past.
I just finished fabbing up some ski scratchers today; I don't have hi hopes but it was less than 20 bucks so what the hell.
The chain thing has me intrigued...pretty sure I already have the stuff to do that in the shop and just throw in the tunnel bag.

Since these sleds have proven themselves to be a trail heating nightmare (saw a couple parked on the side of the trail last weekend shoveling snow) you could try Sta-Cool scratchers. They have 4 coils instead of 3 and exert substantially more down pressure on the snow, they are also far more durable than the stockers. My 850 is a heating pig compared to my 800 and they solved the majority of my hardpack trail issues.

Premium Features

Back