• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP exhaust on 800 Cleanfire

P

pj8556

Jan 11, 2008
God's country
It probably remains to be seen how the new motor updates respond to the SLP single pipe and can but what were they doing before, I'm curious what I can expect from the '08 and '09 motor if i add the SLP exhaust? It needs to be noticeable if not substantial in order for me to drop that much money. I suppose you will see greater gains with a PC3 box but how about just the exhaust with the proper clutching? and, how does it affect warranty? thanks

K
Nov 29, 2007
kelowna bc
my slp pipe made a big diff. i ran it for a while then tried the stock pipe with a hps can to see if i could tell..lets just say night and day..still working on a really good clutch set up .. but pipe was worth it now that i tried on the pipe and off

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
most who just throw the pipe on with the clutching they have wont notice much difference, if you spend the time to adjust the clutching when you add the pipe you will notice a big difference....what I have found is with both stock and single slp you need more initial helix angle to get it to upshift harder, secondary spring works good, delrin washers help alot, some sort of heel heavy weight, series 11, belly busters, MTX work better, primary spring I have found best results with heavier both on initial and final pressures...for what its worth..I run 62/42/.46 helix, 3 delrins,stock sec. spring,mtx 68 gram weights with 2 grams in the tip and 1 gram in the belly, slp green/pink spring....rpm wise on the old updates I found best performance on the steep and deep pulling 8450...under 8300 and it falls on its face...I ride from sea level up to 8000ft(have to drop a couple grams at the higher alts...)

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
It probably remains to be seen how the new motor updates respond to the SLP single pipe and can but what were they doing before, I'm curious what I can expect from the '08 and '09 motor if i add the SLP exhaust? It needs to be noticeable if not substantial in order for me to drop that much money. I suppose you will see greater gains with a PC3 box but how about just the exhaust with the proper clutching? and, how does it affect warranty? thanks

DYNOTECH Research (www.dynotechresearch.com) just completed testing (last week ) of the SLP set-up (with and with-out the PC III/5) and other pipes along with the PC III and different heads on the 2009 800 with the updates.:cool:

DYNOTECH ran a 2009 with updates last week, here's Stoutner's comments:

A few answers...

Once we installed the updates the sled made about 10Hp more than the un-updated motor.
The motor just plain ran a lot better once the updates were installed
Fuel controller was still a good boost on HP
Modified cylinder head was still a good boost on HP
Some pipes made some good HP
I'll be running my updated sled, modified cylinder head, and PCIII and will be pulling at least 160HP.
Intake air temps never got below 50 degress and I think the motor will like 15 degree temps a lot more than 50 degree temps...but that is just my opinion.

We tested the Power Commander V and it really was sweet. You basically hook it up, set your desired a/f ratios, run the sled, it adjusts fuel and trims fuel to your desired ratios. It only took about 3 dyno pulls for the PC V to trim the fuel to being just about perfect. That looks to be a great tool if you decide to start with it, add pipes, cans, porting, etc. You'll basically be able to automatically re-tune your fuel without having to go to the dyno.

All in all, it looks like Polaris really got it right with this update. Time will tell but it looks really promising so far.

Wayne

Last edited:

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
mine was kinda the same it pulled best at 8500 mine was also a 700 but it wasnt worth the money to me, could be a differnt story on your 8

2strokes_are_awesome

Dec 8, 2007
Flat and Boring
DYNOTECH Research (www.dynotechresearch.com) just completed testing (last week ) of the SLP set-up (with and with-out the PC III/5) and other pipes along with the PC III and different heads on the 2009 800 with the updates.:cool:

DYNOTECH ran a 2009 with updates last week, here's Stoutner's comments:

A few answers...

Once we installed the updates the sled made about 10Hp more than the un-updated motor.
The motor just plain ran a lot better once the updates were installed
Fuel controller was still a good boost on HP
Modified cylinder head was still a good boost on HP
Some pipes made some good HP
I'll be running my updated sled, modified cylinder head, and PCIII and will be pulling at least 160HP.
Intake air temps never got below 50 degress and I think the motor will like 15 degree temps a lot more than 50 degree temps...but that is just my opinion.

We tested the Power Commander V and it really was sweet. You basically hook it up, set your desired a/f ratios, run the sled, it adjusts fuel and trims fuel to your desired ratios. It only took about 3 dyno pulls for the PC V to trim the fuel to being just about perfect. That looks to be a great tool if you decide to start with it, add pipes, cans, porting, etc. You'll basically be able to automatically re-tune your fuel without having to go to the dyno.

All in all, it looks like Polaris really got it right with this update. Time will tell but it looks really promising so far.

Wayne

PC5 sounds cool as heck! And that's awesome news on the updated motors!!! Hopefully it turns out that way for everybody!

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
A true 10 lbs weight savings with the slp pipe and can..

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
mine was kinda the same it pulled best at 8500 mine was also a 700 but it wasnt worth the money to me, could be a differnt story on your 8

SLP REALLY woke up my 8. Night and day difference. Highly recommend. I'm also curious what this set-up will run like on the update. Now I can't wait after hearing the dyno results!!:beer;:):beer;:):D

Premium Features